Wayne Simmonds top line LW

Moondog47

Feb 5, 2014
If Simmonds can win board battles, get the puck to G or Jake and then cause havoc in front of the net for them I think the line would work just fine. He is not the pure shooter G and Jake could use but it's not like there are many of those lying around.

DrHamburg

Mar 12, 2009
New York
This is fantastic. Simmonds didn't deserve being on a line with Vinny. This gives the Flyers an incredible top 6. I would totally roll with a (when healthy) Raffl-Bellmare-Akeson 3rd line and stick Rinaldo-Vinny-Umberger on the 4th line where they belong and try to forget about them.

Reaper1097

Jun 22, 2011
This is fantastic. Simmonds didn't deserve being on a line with Vinny. This gives the Flyers an incredible top 6. I would totally roll with a (when healthy) Raffl-Bellmare-Akeson 3rd line and stick Rinaldo-Vinny-Umberger on the 4th line where they belong and try to forget about them.

I actually agree that vinny should be 4th line center. Unfortunately he does nothing in my opinion to deserve a top 6 spot on this team. He just hurts any line he is on so the 4th line is the best fit. He would have to be the highest paid 4th line center in the league tho! Oh wait, never mind, Richards plays 4th line Center for the LA kings...

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Berube is finally figuring out what we've been saying for the past 2 years. The lines that 'go' are the lines that have solid possession players on them - and the line of Schenn/Lecavalier/Simmonds didn't have one. If we're dead set on keeping Giroux and Voracek together (and we should be), the only other possession player we have to go around is Couts. So go figure - put Schenn on his line and he starts producing.

And I think I said it here the other day; the Lecavalier line is just a lost cause. We can't be watering down the top line, or the Couts line in an effort to find something that works, because everyone that goes to that line just disappears. And I don't mean this as a slight to any of the players that have been on that line (even Lecavalier). There just aren't enough possession guys to go around.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Berube is finally figuring out what we've been saying for the past 2 years. The lines that 'go' are the lines that have solid possession players on them - and the line of Schenn/Lecavalier/Simmonds didn't have one. If we're dead set on keeping Giroux and Voracek together (and we should be), the only other possession player we have to go around is Couts. So go figure - put Schenn on his line and he starts producing.

And I think I said it here the other day; the Lecavalier line is just a lost cause. We can't be watering down the top line, or the Couts line in an effort to find something that works, because everyone that goes to that line just disappears. And I don't mean this as a slight to any of the players that have been on that line (even Lecavalier). There just aren't enough possession guys to go around.

It does appear that Berube has figured it out..let's hope he sticks with the following while Raffl is out:

Simmonds-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Couturier-Read
Rinaldo-Bellemare-VandeVelde
Umberger-Lecavalier-Akeson (he actually looked good against Florida)

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
It does appear that Berube has figured it out..let's hope he sticks with the following while Raffl is out:

Simmonds-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Couturier-Read

Really? I wasn't too impressed by Akeson last night. Out of that 4th line, he looked the worst. That being said, I know he has talent and want him in the lineup. He could be another 1LW if an injury occurs and should be a Shootout option.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
One of the biggest reasons to have Akeson on the roster at all is for him to play on the 2nd PP... I have no clue why he isn't there.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park

Simmonds-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Couturier-Read

I like that, I'd make it this when Raffl comes back (assuming Simmer immediately gels with G and Jake):

Simmonds-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Couturier-Read
Raffl-Bellemare-Akeson
Umberger-Lecavalier-Rinaldo

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
It'll never work, Simmonds on top line LW... come on... he is horrible with the puck, doesn't have the puck skills to keep up. He is a shoot first player, we need something different up there

I'm joking of course. It makes sense he is there.... can we get rid of Vinny?

I now see that you're joking by the code in your post... I was going to say "a shoot first player is pretty much the exact thing that line needs" haha

thunderhorse

Dec 10, 2008
Newtown Square, PA
I like that, I'd make it this when Raffl comes back (assuming Simmer immediately gels with G and Jake):

Simmonds-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Couturier-Read
Raffl-Bellemare-Akeson
Umberger-Lecavalier-Rinaldo

That's a solid 3rd line but I don't think Akeson is the answer. I think we need somebody else with size on that line. Akeson just seems so...ineffectual when he's out there.

Rinaldo's fine on the 4th line at this point. There's really not much else you can do with albatrosses like Schlum and Lecavalier, bums that they've become.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
Simmonds on the first line is what this team needs. Schenn works wells with Couts and it really bring offence to the couts line. VV and Lecavalier need to leave.

Simmonds/Giroux/Voracek
Schenn/Couturier/Read
Raffl/Bellemare/Umberger
Rinaldo/Lecavalier/Akeson

Streit/Coburn
Macdonald/Schenn
Del Zotto/Schultz

Mason

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad