Speculation: Wayne Simmonds to Toronto Maple Leafs is the way to go

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
So, tsn been writing bout this a whole lot. Getting interviews etc. Simmonds wants to be a Maple Leaf. Return to home etc. He's been saying: I would change the the game and culture. This is the exact quote: "Toronto’s got a great core of players and I think that’s definitely a team where I could go in and make an impact right away," Simmonds said. That's brave and manly right there sire :clap: I love it
Here's the whole article by tsn Pending UFA Wayne Simmonds on joining Toronto Maple Leafs: 'I’m open to everything' - TSN.ca

So lets get this train going, change the culture back in toronto to the tucker, corson, roberts domi belfour one. That's the only way that works in toronto. Everybody of the fans know it, simmonds know it, lou lamoriello knew it. Everybody who really a leaf know it. Simmonds knows it best It seems. Lets get this going already and get these SIMMONDS JERSEYS SELLING WHAT!!!!!! :clap:

I will invest again in toronto again and again (my club) if the Simmonds deal will get done soon. Get it done now. We need him and borowiechki and eakin on C. But this is the most important one that'll change the spirit, culture and atmosphere to the correct way. Toronto right now, is not working at all like it should. Simmonds is a vocal guy who is feared in the league. In the world in general period.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
200.gif

Reactions: Devonator

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Simmonds has not been feared by anybody for like 3 or 4 years now

He literally cannot skate. If you are signing him, it better be for like 1 year, $1 million because that is all he is worth at this stage unfortunately
He doesn't have to skate sire. We already (have that). He knows and we know he has the other attributes that WE DEFINITELY DONT have sire. We need that so hard.......... he'lll change the whole culture immediately as he already said himself :clap: We need that warrior soulja type right now. He can only sit, talk, walk and fight, YELL real HARD at the same time. That's what we need. We ain't need no skates. NO(!) Don't even want more speed. NO sire. NO NO NO like sir ben kingsley yelled in "sexy beast" y'all already seen that no? See it. NO NO NO. NONONO. We need that other stuff. Lou know about that there.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Simmonds has not been feared by anybody for like 3 or 4 years now

He literally cannot skate. If you are signing him, it better be for like 1 year, $1 million because that is all he is worth at this stage unfortunately

I think that's all anyone is suggesting. 1 year 1 million.

Toronto needs physicality, and Simmonds has openly said he'd like to play there. If he only gets some lowball offers, then I'd guess he's theirs if they want him.

I think the skating issue won't be as bad if hes kept closer to 10 minutes a game, instead of the 13-15 he got the last few seasons. Clifford got under 10 in his time in Toronto, and that would be the role Simmonds would take.

Reactions: Marner4Life

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
If they sign him to a one year deal ala Spezza, then fine...but anything more than that...guys done

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
That's some shameless self promotion there Wayne. :laugh:
He'd be okay for a million on the 4th line but he ain't changing shit by himself.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
He can be this years Jason Spezza if he signs for league minimum. I feel like he’s a useful depth piece who might have something left in the tank that benefits the team with the right usage.
We might even bring him to 1.2mil sire. We are the most powerful and richest ice hockey organization in the whole world period. We have the money and Simmonds will get it. He'll eat a long time with that money. :clap: And he'll love it! :heart: We are throwing money everywhere cause we are the toronto maple leafs sire. We have it all.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
One year 700K is fine for the 4th line so ES might not be an issue. And Leafs dont have a RW shot for the PP2. It might be a good fit. Him or Perry as our 4th line RW is okay with me....whomever is cheaper.

Reactions: qqaz

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
He's done. There are probably a handful of guys on the Marlies who can outperform him. Don't be fooled by the "Toronto Boy" garbage.

Reactions: Ciao

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Honestly if you're going to fill your top 6 with $50M worth of forwards, having a gritty veteran bottom six on discount deals is pretty much the ideal situation.

I'm kind of jealous there are this many veterans from Ontario willing to come play bottom 6 for the leafs for cheap every year.

Reactions: qqaz

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
This is a really bad idea. Even if he's only out there for 10 minutes it damages your chances to win.
If they have Matthews/Tavares out there for 40 minutes they should try to have "neutral" players out there the rest of the game.

Simmonds was noticeably bad compared with the Sabres other forwards. Not a good look.

Reactions: Ciao

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Ahhh yes the Tucker, Corson, Roberts, Domi, Belfour days! Getting back to the time when the team won 0 cups!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad