Speculation: Way Too Early Prediction Thread

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I agree with a lot of this.

Okposo decides to retire and gets introduced to the broadcasting team in 24. Girgs and Jost return. It's Girgs farewell tour.

Tuch is the new captain

2 defensemen drafted in the later rounds.

Sabres use their first and a player to move up and take Leonard.
He’s only 29

• Haha
Reactions: Diaspora

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
Man I like Girgs and I almost feel like we owe him something for being a trooper during our worst times but the physical demands have to catch up eventually.
He's got another three or four years in him. I don't think they're all with Buffalo, though.

Reactions: Matt Ress

alehman42

Sponsor
Apr 13, 2015
I predict that the Sabres will decide to stand pat in terms of goaltenders, Ace and Doak will spend the entire summer complaining that Pegula is cheap and/or Adams is guilty of gross negligence, and that once the season starts the goaltending will be...fine.

I also predict that at some point a totally normal number of injuries will coincide with a losing streak and they'll move the goalposts and start complaining that Adams was completely derelict of his duties in deciding not to bring in more "veteran depth", without offering any suggestions as to which competent veteran was going to sign on to be the #14 forward or #9 D.

Am I doing this right? Sorry @TheMistyStranger, but the thread seems to have veered away from your original questions and I am *much* more confident in these predictions anyway 🤷

• Wow
Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I predict that the Sabres will decide to stand pat in terms of goaltenders, Ace and Doak will spend the entire summer complaining that Pegula is cheap and/or Adams is guilty of gross negligence, and that once the season starts the goaltending will be...fine.
I accused them of that last year. The goaltending was not fine. They had the most unused cap space in the league. Should I take a lashing for being right…or are we planning to criticize me if he doesn’t address needs like you suggest and I am right again?

if you want to try to take a victory lap…you might want to win first.

I also predict that at some point a totally normal number of injuries will coincide with a losing streak and they'll move the goalposts and start complaining that Adams was completely derelict of his duties in deciding not to bring in more "veteran depth", without offering any suggestions as to which competent veteran was going to sign on to be the #14 forward or #9 D.
Making excuses about lack of quality depth before it even happens (again…if you watched the team at all when ONE D got hurt ever). That’s a new one. Incredible work.

Next time you wan to call me out…have the courage to @ me on it. I can see from your post you know how to do it. Of course, if these were my takes…I’d be afraid to do it too.

I genuinely don’t know what’s funnier. When people say I’m negative because I said Adams needed to improve in goal and D last off-season…because this team was better than Detroit and Ottawa and he was acting like they were years away. Being called out for those opinions AFTER it was proven 100% correct and they were actually one f***ing game away. OR after it’s been proven right seeing people try to preemptively call me out for still saying they need to improve those areas as if there could be one justifiable reason not to at this point. A year late…and the excuses for pushing it another year are already underway. But even better is the reference to Terry’s cheapness not being an issue. A point only preemptively made because they know…Terry’s cheapness is an issue and they want to stick their head in the sand and pretend it isn’t. Fearing it’s going to happen again. Because they’d rather be a cheerleader than a fan. Terry’s never going to screw you, friend. He’s busy screwing the only franchise to miss the playoffs 12 years in a row. Every single one of the seasons he entered as owner.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I accused them of that last year. The goaltending was not fine. They had the most unused cap space in the league. Should I take a lashing for being right…or are we planning to criticize me if he doesn’t address needs like you suggest and I am right again?

if you want to try to take a victory lap…you might want to win first.

Making excuses about lack of quality depth before it even happens (again…if you watched the team at all when ONE D got hurt ever). That’s a new one. Incredible work.

Next time you wan to call me out…have the courage to @ me on it. I can see from your post you know how to do it. Of course, if these were my takes…I’d be afraid to do it too.

I genuinely don’t know what’s funnier. When people say I’m negative because I said Adams needed to improve in goal and D last off-season…because this team was better than Detroit and Ottawa and he was acting like they were years away. Being called out for those opinions AFTER it was proven 100% correct and they were actually one f***ing game away. OR after it’s been proven right seeing people try to preemptively call me out for still saying they need to improve those areas as if there could be one justifiable reason not to at this point. A year late…and the excuses for pushing it another year are already underway. But even better is the reference to Terry’s cheapness not being an issue. A point only preemptively made because they know…Terry’s cheapness is an issue and they want to stick their head in the sand and pretend it isn’t. Fearing it’s going to happen again. Because they’d rather be a cheerleader than a fan. Terry’s never going to screw you, friend. He’s busy screwing the only franchise to miss the playoffs 12 years in a row. Every single one of the seasons he entered as owner.

They say your posts are negative because you drag the same narrative into every single thread, even threads that have NOTHING to do with Buffalo. It never ends. So... participate in the OP or take this somewhere else.

• Love
Reactions: Dubi Doo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad