Prospect Info: Way Too Early Devils-Centric Mock Draft For February

Status
Not open for further replies.

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
I listened to the last 10 minutes of Coyotes/Jets last night. I was quite pleased Winnipeg came back from a 2-0 deficit after the first period and pulled it out with what became the game winning goal a little past midway in the third. This was a HUGE swing game as Winnipeg is now 4 points up on Arizona. The two teams would have been tied if Arizona won in regulation.

Although Montreal and Chicago are slightly behind Arizona in the standings, it is not impossible Arizona finishes 8th worst. I cannot possibly overstate how critical that would be (assuming a team 9-15 doesn’t win a lottery ball) as it would guarantee the Devils secure two players from the “elite 8.” If Arizona finishes 9th worst, there’s also a decent enough chance as long as a team goes off the board with their pick. I’m thinking Sanderson could be that player who is taken a little higher than projected due to the fact potential elite defensemen are not the strength of this draft (see Detroit taking Seider as high as they did last year...which most folks thought was a huge stretch...it would be a bigger one than Sanderson going 8 due to his rapid ascent IMHO).

We will get more clarity on Arizona’s placement with each passing game. The surrounding teams in the standings are still relatively close so hopefully we see separation. It’s still a fluid situation at this point. Arizona has been trending downwards for so long and my gut tells me they’re more likely to finish 8-10 than 11-13...but I’m fearful the Coyotes somehow sneak ahead of the Canucks, Rangers, Panthers, Wild and/or Predators when it’s all said and done.

It was a perfect night really- Buffalo unexpectedly garnered two points with a shootout win over Washington (after a highly arguable goalie interference call negated a late third period go ahead goal by Montour) and Florida earned two points in St Louis, keeping them ahead of Arizona.

Last edited:

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
9-10 would still be fantastic, thats the Lundell, Quinn area..

Quinn would not be a bad “consolation prize” at all. Maybe I need to shake this notion that Holtz and Perfetti are superior prospects?

I know Byfield and Raymond are projected to be stars but I’m reticent about drafting kids based on projection over production. I understand that Raymond isn’t getting big minutes and his stats are not gaudy due to that fact. However, I’m more nervous about these two as a result of not having tangible numbers to go on. Personal preference- I won’t be upset if a team picking ahead of us selects Raymond if it means Rossi or Holtz falls to us.

Reactions: Nubmer6

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
The only good thing about our endless number of overtime losses is that the Devils can’t win any tie breakers because we’ll have fewer wins than any teams with an equal number of points. At least we get something out of the ten OT losses at home.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Mini-mock for 3/11

1 DET Lafreniere
2 OTT Byfield
3 LA Stutzle
4 OTT Holtz
5 ANH Drysdale
6 NJ Rossi
7 BUF Raymond
8 CHI Perfetti
9 MTL Sanderson
10 NJ Quinn
11 MIN Lundell
12 WPG Zary
13 FLA Amirov
14 NYR Gunler
15 OTT Schneider
16 NJ Guhle
17 NSH Holloway
18 CGY Mercer
19 CBJ Perreault
20 CAR Mysak

Rossi and Nico sitting in a tree...

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Mini-mock for 3/11

1 DET Lafreniere
2 OTT Byfield
3 LA Stutzle
4 OTT Holtz
5 ANH Drysdale
6 NJ Rossi
7 BUF Raymond
8 CHI Perfetti
9 MTL Sanderson
10 NJ Quinn
11 MIN Lundell
12 WPG Zary
13 FLA Amirov
14 NYR Gunler
15 OTT Schneider
16 NJ Guhle
17 NSH Holloway
18 CGY Mercer
19 CBJ Perreault
20 CAR Mysak

So does it make sense for NJ to spread awful rumors about Drysdale so he falls that extra spot to them?

Reactions: StevenToddIves

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Mini-mock for 3/11

1 DET Lafreniere
2 OTT Byfield
3 LA Stutzle
4 OTT Holtz
5 ANH Drysdale
6 NJ Rossi
7 BUF Raymond
8 CHI Perfetti
9 MTL Sanderson
10 NJ Quinn
11 MIN Lundell
12 WPG Zary
13 FLA Amirov
14 NYR Gunler
15 OTT Schneider
16 NJ Guhle
17 NSH Holloway
18 CGY Mercer
19 CBJ Perreault
20 CAR Mysak
If Rossi goes earlier how can a Devils fan handle their enormous sense of loss and despair? Asking for a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille