6) Smith
7) Leonard
8) Perreault
9) Simashev
10) Dvorsky
11) Willander
12) Brindley
13) ASP

I included the top 3 to indicate where I see Michkov. Between #10 and 13 there is not difference really. You could also add Musty to that group

Reactions: Devonator

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
It’s way too early to predict. For example Benson was drafted #13 and already has 23 points in 59 NHL games. Other than the big three he is the only one to play in the NHL.

Therefore he should be #4 on everyone’s list. See it is way too early to judge.
As I mentioned above, this is not about judging accurately. It's about posters pushing their favourites to the front of the line.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I look forward to the next 3-5 years of everybody shitting on Danielson because he's not the top player on a stat sheet. :laugh:

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
On a positive note from a Sharks side...Musty has gotten a lot of recognition from other fanbases. Great pick at 26.
Yup, easily the best player for Sudbury right now, great pick.

In terms of Dvorsky, I agree with him dropping. Every time I watch him play, he’s just so unimpressive. I’m not sure he thinks the game fast enough.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Yup, easily the best player for Sudbury right now, great pick.

In terms of Dvorsky, I agree with him dropping. Every time I watch him play, he’s just so unimpressive. I’m not sure he thinks the game fast enough.
Sounds like you watch Sudbury quite regularly. From scoreboard-watching, Musty still seems to be really inconsistent.

What’s your take on that?

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Sounds like you watch Sudbury quite regularly. From scoreboard-watching, Musty still seems to be really inconsistent.

What’s your take on that?
Sudbury as a whole is pretty inconsistent. Their defense is weak so they have issues with better teams. But Musty has fantastic vision and is setting up chances pretty consistently, so it’s more linemates not capitalizing. I think he has a skill set that will translate well to the big leagues.

Reactions: CaptainShark

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
4. Michkov
5. Benson
6. Smith
7. Simashev
8. Leonard
9. Dvorsky
10. Willander
11. Reinbacher
12. G. Perreault
13. ASP

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
The biggest argument against Perrault right now is that he's playing on a stacked team. It's not his fault but it's certainly context to consider and why folks aren't moving him up a ton.
Perreault has same questions he's always had. If he's not playing 1st line/PP1 in the 1A or 1B play-driving capacity, how useful of a player will be? Concerns of size and skating to reach that, but certainly has the skill and hockey IQ to get there.

It's not particularly surprising that he's dominating college hockey, he broke records with the USNDTP and the U18 team plays a lot of college teams already. Of course it's a great sign that he continues to do well. He could continue to dominate and make NHL scouts look silly for passing on him, that's certainly a big possibility. And I think people will sometimes exaggerate things. He went in the 1st round, I know he didn't go top 10, but first round is still an indication that he's a very good prospect that a team believed has a lot of potential. It's not like he was some mid-round flyer like the skilled kid playing in Halifax.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Perreault has same questions he's always had. If he's not playing 1st line/PP1 in the 1A or 1B play-driving capacity, how useful of a player will be? Concerns of size and skating to reach that, but certainly has the skill and hockey IQ to get there.

It's not particularly surprising that he's dominating college hockey, he broke records with the USNDTP and the U18 team plays a lot of college teams already. Of course it's a great sign that he continues to do well. He could continue to dominate and make NHL scouts look silly for passing on him, that's certainly a big possibility. And I think people will sometimes exaggerate things. He went in the 1st round, I know he didn't go top 10, but first round is still an indication that he's a very good prospect that a team believed has a lot of potential. It's not like he was some mid-round flyer like the skilled kid playing in Halifax.
Even as a Sharks fan that's why all 3 of the BC guys shouldn't change in any draft rankings. They're doing exactly what a) they did last year and b) were expected to do.

At the time of the draft everyone knew how skilled Perreault was, I think most people had him ranked 10-20. The reason the other 2 went so much higher was because they are harder to find. Leonard's archetype is extremely rare to find, and Smith was the clear 4th best Centre in the draft.

Perreault, who again is extremely talented, a) isn't big b) isn't fast and c) offense-only wingers like him are the easiest position to acquire. If all 3 of SJS, WAS, and NYR attempted to recreate the BC line on their own, it would be much much harder for NYR to find Leonard/Smith replacements than it would for the other 2 to find a Perreault replacement. Whether or not that replacement would be as smart/whatever as Perreault, the point is you can find playmaking-wingers through free-agency/trade for relatively cheap costs. That's how GMs think at the draft, hence why guys like Reinbacher went 5th overall...it's hard to find a big shutdown RD.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
That’s the 2nd time in this thread that math takes a massive hit.

@Juxtaposer - you are not alone
It's a typo, it isn't "math takes a massive hit." 82/49 in your D+1 in the OHL is not quite as good but not wildly different than 92/49.

Most impt is I'm glad you found a friend to share it with. When you saw it, that impulse to immediately get a friend involved ...

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
It's a typo, it isn't "math takes a massive hit." 82/49 in your D+1 in the OHL is not quite as good but not wildly different than 92/49.

Most impt is I'm glad you found a friend to share it with. When you saw it, that impulse to immediately get a friend involved ...

Nope, the only reason I did include @Juxtaposer is that HF‘s multi-quote-function sucks and doesn’t work on my phone so I couldn’t quote his and your post.

BTW: You wouldn’t not it, but making friends is nice

Edit: typo or not, if you can’t recognize that 82/49 can’t be 1,88 and that you probably made a typo, than Math isn’t your friend.

Friends count: Cap 2, PN 0

Last edited:

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Chill, he’s literally just riffing off me making a math mistake earlier in the thread. Genuinely is not that serious.

Reactions: Devonator

ello

Jun 12, 2018
I think a more fun way of framing this question is: how would the players be drafted if the draft age was 19 years old instead

Re: Perreault. HE would rise no doubt. Everyone knew he was talented but I doubt anyone expected him to continue to lead the trio in scoring in college and WJC. That said its pretty easy to picture him having a one dimensional impact at the NHL level due to a lack of physical tools and if he’s not able to be elite at that dimension then his value is limited

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Nope, the only reason I did include @Juxtaposer is that HF‘s multi-quote-function sucks and doesn’t work on my phone so I couldn’t quote his and your post.

BTW: You wouldn’t not it, but making friends is nice

Edit: typo or not, if you can’t recognize that 82/49 can’t be 1,88 and that you probably made a typo, than Math isn’t your friend.

Friends count: Cap 2, PN 0
"Spelling and writing takes a massive hit!! Come look at it everybody!! I'm a Shark fan I need friends HELP!!"

If you can't spot your own misspellings and writing errors even after an edit, then cognition is probably not your friend.

Do you see how this is exact parallel behavior to your stupid post? Tell your friend

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
"Spelling and writing takes a massive hit!! Come look at it everybody!! I'm a Shark fan I need friends HELP!!"

If you can't spot your own misspellings and writing errors even after an edit, then cognition is probably not your friend.

Do you see how this is exact parallel behavior to your stupid post? Tell your friend
I appreciate this level of trash talking.

• Haha
Reactions: CaptainShark

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
The points aren’t even the reason he’s in the NHL (though his offensive talent is obvious). Benson’s rookie season is reminding me a bit of Ryan O’Reilly’s in that he’s already so successful at winning board battles, winning 50/50 pucks, being in good defensive position, etc. as an 18yo. Kid is a gem.
I had him ranked at #5 pre-draft. I will never forgive GMs for letting him drop just because of his size

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad