OT: Watcha Playin? Version 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
So I caved yesterday and pre-ordered Dishonored 2 through Amazon. It's on the way and looks like I'll be getting it a day early. Super stoked for it as I thoroughly enjoyed the first Dishonored game.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
I've met a lot of my goals this year so I'm treating myself to an Audio Technica M50X headset and a PS4. I'm looking to pick up Doom and since I love Borderlands, The Handsome Collection. I'm excited.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I hadn't played the original BL, but was really excited to get BL2 after looking more into it. Damn thing gave me vertigo like symptoms and I had to return it. I'd play for 30 minutes and have to lay in bed for 4 hours after. I've never experienced something like that before, very disappointing. After some googling, a lot of people complained of the same. Apparently it had to do with the FOV, but I tried it on PC where you could adjust the FOV and still had some similar issues, just not as intense.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
I've met a lot of my goals this year so I'm treating myself to an Audio Technica M50X headset and a PS4. I'm looking to pick up Doom and since I love Borderlands, The Handsome Collection. I'm excited.

the m50x is so good. i've had one for a little over a year now. so comfortable and excellent sound quality. i'm running it through a little portable USB DAC i had

CalUK

Feb 16, 2015
Scotland
Playing Crusader Kings 2 again, I was on Stellaris for awhile (awesome game). Thinking about getting Skyrim Re-mastered to tide me over til FF15 comes out.

I'm holding off Civ 6 til I get my xmas holiday from work, if I get it now I'll never sleep.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
my most recent stellaris game has been very good and fun and then i figured out i was sandwiched between two fallen empires and now i am going to die

CalUK

Feb 16, 2015
Scotland
I had a really good game going, moved most of my fleets out to attack one Empire that was a higher tech, but alot smaller, was winning then an Empire similar in size to mine attacked me on the other side of the galaxy. The damage was too much to continue :|

I haven't gone back to it since. I will again soon.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Been playing through a couple of games.
Dishonored 2
NHL 17
World of Final Fantasy

and Heroes of the Storm on my PC at the moment
I went ahead and pre-ordered Final Fantasy XV just a few minutes ago through Amazon since I have Amazon Prime. That 20% off. FeelsGoodMan.

CalUK

Feb 16, 2015
Scotland
Not tried the multiplayer yet, I simply don't know anyone else that plays it. I'm normally an X1 player when playing online. Maybe get on the multiplayer over the xmas holidays :)

I also have FF15 pre-ordered on amazon, got it for £37. I've had it pre-ordered for quite awhile now. I just wish I had time left to take at work to finish it :| oh well, weekend it is!

CalUK

Feb 16, 2015
Scotland
nah, this one looks better. I do agree that FF10 & 13 were too linear for my liking, and to an extent felt like an interactive movie, but I've heard good things about 15 so far. I'll know in five days :D

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
nah, this one looks better. I do agree that FF10 & 13 were too linear for my liking, and to an extent felt like an interactive movie, but I've heard good things about 15 so far. I'll know in five days :D

Have you seen Conan's latest Clueless Gamer about FF15?

CalUK

Feb 16, 2015
Scotland
I had to google this Clueless Gamer, youtube channel yeah? Any good? First time I'd ever heard about it.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
bob would not last 10 mins on the hurricanes board

one does not simply walk into the #hcanes board

there is evil there that does not sleep

I need to see if this is true.

Also, game on steam called Secrets of Grindea. If you're a fan of SNES style rpg's, it's basically a mix of Secret of Mana and Link to the Past. Pretty damn good.

Has anyone played the DLC's for Fallout 4? Debating buying em and knocking em out over the Christmas break.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
Very slowly making my way through Final Fantasy 15. I heard it's a very short game as RPG's go so I'm in no hurry. I've finally got my hands to do what I can see in my mind so I'm flying around the battlefield like a boss now.

Over the weekend after Thanksgiving I was able to get my PS4 and my headphones that I mentioned earlier and a good amount of games to keep me playing for the next six months or so: Final Fantasy 15, Doom, The Handsome Collection, Tales from the Borderlands, Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness, Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Uncharted 4 and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided came with the system.

CalUK

Feb 16, 2015
Scotland
Yeah, my brother sent me the link last night, looks awesome.

I'm leaving FF15 til I get my xmas holiday from work (managed to get to lvl 26), I got stuck on Stellaris again.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Maybe yall can help me figure this out. I'm thinking about getting a new console. I'm not a big gamer, I might play NHL/Madden/PGA games and that Star Wars Battlefront looks neat. Mostly it will used as a media center, running Netflix and Hulu, playing Blu-Rays and music, etc.

Basic needs would be, need to be able to stream video via USB drive, have a big hard drive to hold lots of downloaded TV episodes/movies, full-featured Netflix and Hulu apps, Blu-ray playing, Wi-fi out of the box without having to buy anything else, ease of getting HD audio to my surround system. I'm assuming both the Xbox One and PS4 are capable of doing all those things, but if one or the other can do specific things better then that's what will make my decision for me. Also I do have a 4K TV now so it would be nice to take full advantage of that.

I'm still using my launch PS3 which is running pretty much 8-10 hours a day. Still, I don't really have any brand loyalty, if the Xbox One is a better option than the PS4 for my needs that's what I'll get.

/too lazy to do my own research

Last edited:

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Anybody heard about this yet?

Shut up and take my money. But no online play. :(

Maybe yall can help me figure this out. I'm thinking about getting a new console. I'm not a big gamer, I might play NHL/Madden/PGA games and that Star Wars Battlefront looks neat. Mostly it will used as a media center, running Netflix and Hulu, playing Blu-Rays and music, etc.

Basic needs would be, need to be able to stream video via USB drive, have a big hard drive to hold lots of downloaded TV episodes/movies, full-featured Netflix and Hulu apps, Blu-ray playing, Wi-fi out of the box without having to buy anything else, ease of getting HD audio to my surround system. I'm assuming both the Xbox One and PS4 are capable of doing all those things, but if one or the other can do specific things better then that's what will make my decision for me. Also I do have a 4K TV now so it would be nice to take full advantage of that.

I'm still using my launch PS3 which is running pretty much 8-10 hours a day. Still, I don't really have any brand loyalty, if the Xbox One is a better option than the PS4 for my needs that's what I'll get.

/too lazy to do my own research

Xbox One S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad