OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part VII ["And his hair was perfect"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
from the end credits of Reservations Dogs..feels more classic country, if any one likes that, than anything country these days

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
At least the top 2 arent Free Bird and Stairway to Heaven.

Respect is iconic, but my favorite Aretha song is Rock Steady. Think is no 2.

I would almost say Frank's My Way should be no 1.

Reactions: BiggE

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
The first thing I did when I woke up this morning was continue my anger over this list.

It is an absurd try-hard list all of the way through. Dozens of unworthy songs from the last 20 years across every imaginable genre, Brittney Spears x2, ironically enjoyed(?) 80s pop metal singalong hits like Livin' on a Prayer and Don't Stop Believin', and there is no consistent logic to the list whatsoever. If you want Teen Spirit that high because of it's cultural impact, fine, but that seems to waver as a factor throughout and meanwhile it's debatable if Teen Spirit is even the 4th best song on its album. Respect is a fine song but a bizarre number one, its position influenced heavily no doubt by the recently released biopic.

And did I miss a memo or something on Missy Elliot? I think she is on there 3 f***ing times, and in the home stretch is closely juxtaposed with several legitimate contenders, including the greatest pop song of all time, and yet ridiculously comes out ahead.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Pretty poignant story from the YT user comments for this song. A user asked his mom on her death bed, which song she wanted to hear. She chose this …

I’ve played drums most of my life and am going to get a kit soon as I’m itching to play again but I’d gladly learn guitar just to jam this out.

Reactions: Amorgus

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Not my usual speed. But just a good song... some random Darija Arabic (which is fascinating as a subject in its own right!) rap.

Small X (0:07-0:35) is fantastic IMO. Some of the others are just "meh" though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad