OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part VII ["And his hair was perfect"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

This album is my least favourite by them in probably 10 years... Hung at Heart, Chinese Fountain, City Club and Casual Acquaintances was an amazing run of four in a row, so hard to expect 5 good albums in a row as so few bands have done that.

But really love this song.

In my estimation he is a massively underrated lyricist. Hardly ever gets talked about vs their "sound" or "vibe". But as a lover of language often very beautiful, true, emotional and well structured.

Reactions: Blowfish

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It had been years since I had heard this cut that a local rock station had put on the radar:

Reactions: Yukon Cornelius

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland

Dead Ghosts- "Roky Says" Combo of 21st rock?? plus 60s garage band chord progressions [ more or less] . Heck they even have the a cover of the Keggs "Girl". Which is the B side of the Keggs record. Perhaps the most sought after 45 rpm of all time. Perhaps 10 are known to exist except bootleg 45s which about 2000 exist. The A side was covered by the Gories ' "To Find Out". Virtually all the stories about the Keggs are unfounded since I have emailed two of the members from Facebook and they just laughed.

"Beware" a song by gosh I forgot.....[garage band ] has a 45, only one copy known to exist. Sold for $350,000.00. It is on last Back From The Grave double album/CD Vol 9/10. The song is about killing his girlfriend for cheating.....ok....at least implied. Organ work is pretty good on this....

I listen to mostly rock and jazz in the car. Though I am known to crank up the Stones/Yardbirds/Cream/Yes to absurd volumes at home with my rig, but mostly classical from 14th century Ars Nova to late 20th century atonal/multitonal/12 tone music late into the night. Which on this site, nobody cares.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Catchy melody, lyrics are impactful:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad