Status
Not open for further replies.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
spdn0804shangrilas1.jpg

The bad girls of Queens....The Shangri-Las

Mary is the only one alive [far right] her sister Betty is on the left and the twins are the middle two. They were the opening act in NYC for the Rolling Stones. Keith was scared to death of them. They all carry Smith and Wesson revolvers......

Songs I loaded on a CD-R for August running around doing errands and crap in the car.......

1. Green Eyed Lady= Sugarloaf first ecological song?
2. Driver's Seat- Sniff "n" the Tears...under appreciated??
3. Black Betty- Leadbelly
4. Hypnotized- Fleetwood Mac
5. Hey Joe- Billy Roberts [original ]
6. Don't Fear the Reaper- one of the original vids on MTV
7. 25 or 6 to 4- Chicago
8. Cruel Summer- Bananarama- fun summer song
9. It's My Life- Animals- thought it was their best song
10. Eyes Without a Face- Billy Idol- fun MTV song
11. Tin Soldier-Small Faces- Thought this was Marriott best song until......
12. 30 Days in the Hole- Humble Pie; greatest Marriott song
13. Rumble- Link Wray- Page thought this was a great song to learn power chords
14. Gimme Gimme Good Lovin'- Pink Elephant....fav bubble gum song except maybe Quick Joey Small
15. El Paso- Marty Robbins- great funny western ballad.....ending is so funny
16. Pipeline- Chanty's- fav beach/surf instrumental.....though I guess Wipe Out holds out.......my girlfriend loved playing this on the piano in 1969
17. Spirit in the Sky- Norman Greenbaum
18. Rider's of the Storm- Doors
19 Atlantis- Donovan......who remembers this????
20 Shoop Shoop Song -Betty Everett- Fav at junior high dances....cannot count how many times I danced to this.....
21. Walking in the Sand- Shangri-Las.....somewhere in the vaults in the Brill Building [NYC] is the 31 minute extended version.......

BTW..... Mary still sings at local gigs.........73 years old? Made most of her monies as a designer for a very high end clientele on LI.

Last edited:

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
@landsbergfan Anberlin debuted a new song on the Lowborn 'live'stream last night. It was pretty legit. Definitely much more Lowborn than any of the previous albums.
I have seen a couple songs pop up on my spotify that have sounded good. Havent done a full listen through yet. I am into some heavier stuff at the moment.

Reactions: Starat327

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Robert Plant & Alison Krauss are finally doing a new album together. If not familiar, they did an album called Raising Sand in 2008 that was fantastic. Anywho, loving the first single.

youthoftoday

Jun 14, 2011
Philly
And Corey Glover stabbed himself in the leg in "Platoon" too.

Still love the song myself also.

They played at Villanova in like '89 right around when Cult of Personality was starting to get big, but I was unable to go. I was in high school at the time and I think we heard you had to be student to go, but found out later that anyone was allowed. I finally got to see them in 93 at the Troc in Philly. That show was so f***ing good.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Also thought I would post this.

Very topical this week... and if you have never heard Arabic rap it is awesome, flows so well. (Maghrebi Arabic is nicest, with most rappers too, but I am biased aha.)

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013

If you're a jam band enthusiast Goose is the band to catch right now. Such great talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad