Proposal: Washington - Toronto

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
I really see no reason for Toronto to do this. Orlov and Siegenthaler are both lefties and don't really fill any need for the Leafs.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Don't see these teams really being a match. I'd want Vrana but we do have a bunch of young skill wingers but he's the only prospect I'd want to move on. Maybe something including Bowey with something significant added.

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
How is he clearly better?

Only 2 of his 6 seasons has he had way more points then burakovsky did this year.

For real?

Last 4 seasons with the Leafs JVR was .66 PPG, .76 PPG, .68 PPG, and .72 PPG.

Burakovsky was .48 PPG last season.

JVR is clearly a more productive player right now... And clearly better. Consistently a higher scorer over a much larger sample size.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Would love JVR in Washington, but this doesn't work from a salary cap perspective and leaves Washington too thin on defense.

Would be willing to investigate something around Johansson+ for JvR.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Clearly and purposely not putting it into context.

While your point is well taken, context also includes average TOI and PP1 time. Burakovsky just scored nearly 40pts with around 12 min a night and practically zero PP time. If put in truly similar situations, theres not much to say Burakovsky couldn't be just as good or better a player as JVR. I'm guessing the Caps wouldn't trade Burakovsky for JVR today (given salary considerations) and they certainly wouldn't add much.

Kolzilla

May 20, 2015
Why does it need to be said in every JVR to WSH thread that the caps don't have a need for JVR and he doesn't fit.

Let alone for a top d prospect and a promising d man that had a tremendous year after missing the previous.

We don't want JVR, and we're certainly not mortgaging our d future for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad