OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season: Mr. Smith Goes To Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Capt Kirk shlepping T-shirts again.

Look closely to the right of the shirt in the picture with the blue background...

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Parents of WSU's Hilinski say QB had CTE

Mark Hilinski told "Today" that the medical examiner determined Tyler "had the brain of a 65-year-old, which is really hard to take."

Sad....going to be very interesting to see where many sports go with the head contact issue. I’m on the record as wanting all head contact barred and penalized in the NHL. Not sure how you do that in football.

Boxing....a sport I've loved since I was a kid....how does anyone let their kids go into it today? Same goes for football for me. Hell, even soccer worries me....

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Parents of WSU's Hilinski say QB had CTE

Mark Hilinski told "Today" that the medical examiner determined Tyler "had the brain of a 65-year-old, which is really hard to take."

Sad....going to be very interesting to see where many sports go with the head contact issue. I’m on the record as wanting all head contact barred and penalized in the NHL. Not sure how you do that in football.

Boxing....a sport I've loved since I was a kid....how does anyone let their kids go into it today? Same goes for football for me. Hell, even soccer worries me....

I played football up to the College level. Did a lot of thumping and got thumped my share as well. I have two shoulders that are basically mush and my lower joints are developing issues but its whats inside my skull I worry about more and more lately. Its scary and when I see football or hockey players light up opponents with high hits and head shots just because they can I cringe and I get mad. Its why I spoke out on this board against Willy's hit on Zach Aston-Reese even though I knew I would get raked over the coals for it. CTE is real and its a killer.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I genuinely couldn't be happier that he's gone. His sanctimonious, holier-than-thou act drove me nuts. What is it about Redskins QBs drafted in 2012 that made them so narcissistic?

It is crazy when you think about it. Griffin can kind of be explained because he was the #2 overrall pick. People were blowing so much smoke up his butt his head couldn't help but inflate. Cousins, though, is more interesting. He was an after thought. Then "you like that" went viral and the melon inflation began. Funny thing is he is still tweeting photos of his conversion van like he still drives it. :laugh:

Having said that, I was a Cousins guy. Still am bitter the Skins didn't sign him on the cheap when they could have. But seeing how he has become a caricature of his former self makes it easier to get over the bungling of his contract status.

Reactions: CapitalsCupFantasy

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Like most things sport related these days, I've basically forgotten the Cousins drama. I like Alex Smith....I would have been happy to root for Kirk, but whatever.

Redskins will be what they usually are. A decent enough team that has a chance to be better than .500. 10-6, tops. Issue is, they are probably not a true .500 team, so the chances of them finishing below .500 are better than their chances to finish above it.

I've long thought that NFL teams fit into "+/- 6 game windows", based on a lot of things going right or wrong. Injuries for and against, game luck, some coin toss stuff, weather, etc. An average team can vacillate between 5-11 and 11-5 based upon the factors I mentioned. Bad teams from 2-14 and 8-8. Good teams from 8-8 to 14-2. Sliding scale in between which probably encompass 95% of the teams each year (save the woefully bad, like Cleveland, or the strikingly good, like New England....on any given year).

Skins are probably a 7-9 team. So they can finish anywhere from 4-12 to 10-6. Depending.

If all of that makes sense.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Smith being 4 years older than Cousins is the only down grade I see at this point.

I hope, but I suspect that’s not true....

This could very well be one of those situations where Smith and Cousins both have a lot of success the next few years and we’re splitting hairs.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
So how does this work? Do we lose a 6th rounder next year? Why not take him in 7th round of supp draft?

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
So how does this work? Do we lose a 6th rounder next year? Why not take him in 7th round of supp draft?

Skins will lose a 6th in the next draft but it’s expected they will get a comp 6th next draft. So they should have a 6th next draft regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad