OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season: Mr. Smith Goes To Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I just hope to God the Eagles don't draft Guice. If we could move up, either higher in the 2nd or into the first, for him I'd be ecstatic.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Michel to the Pats. Not sure they have enough to trade up for Guice. Would have to offer up picks for next year

Ravens on the clock. Take Jackson

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Lamar Jackson to BAL?

Griffins head exploded when he heard that news.

More like Flacco's head. None of his contract is guaranteed after this season. This is also Ozzie Newsome's last year as GM. Jackson and RGIII are similar dual-threats. Me thinks unless Flacco has a great season he gone next year. He's been really bad since they won the Super Bowl.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
So the DL could conceivably be rebuilt in one year. So many ifs, but if Allen and Ioannidis are back healthy, and you add a Da'Ron Payne, and hopefully Phil Taylor can give them something, plus Lanier continues to develop... not too shabby.

Really wish they had their 3rd this year.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Some good RB's left. Not sure they will fall to our slot at 44. Guice, Chubb, Jones to name 3.

There are also at least 2 really good DB's left. Jackson and Reid.

2 TE's as well (replace Reed) in Goedert and Gesicki.

Also a lot of good OL's left too. They should be able to get a really really good player

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
So the DL could conceivably be rebuilt in one year. So many ifs, but if Allen and Ioannidis are back healthy, and you add a Da'Ron Payne, and hopefully Phil Taylor can give them something, plus Lanier continues to develop... not too shabby.

Really wish they had their 3rd this year.

Would like to see them trade back into the 3rd. Send one of their 5th's and next years 3rd (since they will get a compensatory 3rd for Kurt). They have the collateral to do it

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Thought Payne was a reach slightly but I don’t care. I want to see the defense cause havoc and terrorize opposing qb’s

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I think linemen often take a couple years to mature. They’re never quite strong enough their rookie years to dominate but you have to like the look of the DL moving forward. If they both pan out (Allen,Payne), we could definitely have something here just a little while down the road. Starting this year we should already see some solid progress. It’s time for the org to try and win the battle of the trenches. Keep adding to the lines...it’s a tried and true method and I for one am all for it.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
I think linemen often take a couple years to mature. They’re never quite strong enough their rookie years to dominate but you have to like the look of the DL moving forward. If they both pan out (Allen,Payne), we could definitely have something here just a little while down the road. Starting this year we should already see some solid progress. It’s time for the org to try and win the battle of the trenches. Keep adding to the lines...it’s a tried and true method and I for one am all for it.

OL in rd 2? Lots available. I dont think Guice makes it to #44. I also like the S, Reid. Some players fell out of first due to Lamar making it, and of course the 2nd Edmunds.

Reactions: Bananas

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
OL in rd 2? Lots available. I dont think Guice makes it to #44. I also like the S, Reid. Some players fell out of first due to Lamar making it, and of course the 2nd Edmunds.

Depends on if ronald Jones gets taken first, if he does theres a chance, if guice is gone, bet skins take Jones

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Good; he's been an absolute Redskins killer over the course of his career and he's Dak's safety blanket. Witten is an amazing player and terrific person -- best of luck to him in retirement.

Yeah he was Mark Bavaro 2.0. Skins killer. Good luck to him in the future but good riddance.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
RICHMOND, Va. -- Virginia State Police won't release video of a traffic stop involving a Washington Redskins wide receiver who said a state trooper asked if he was a gang member or drug dealer.
Tweets by Paul Richardson Jr., who is black, about the questions he was asked during a Tuesday traffic stop prompted an internal review by state police.
Police are reviewing Redskins WR Paul Richardson's claims that the trooper who pulled him over asked if he was in a gang and said he thought he was a drug dealer.
Richardson just signed a five-year, $40 million contract with the Redskins and was driving a new Mercedes when pulled over.
The department said Friday that it was declining a public records request by The Associated Press for video taken from the trooper's in-car camera. Spokeswoman Corinne Geller said the department has the discretion to release the video under state law but has chosen not to.

Police won't release video of Richardson stop

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
OL, RB or CB seems like a pretty obvious choice in R2 unless someone head and shoulders above those positions falls. Trading back sounds pretty appealing too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad