OT: Washington Redskins 2018 Season: Mr. Smith Goes To Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Yeah those are some pretty rose colored glasses to say the least...

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The Redskins are like most teams in the NFL. With a couple breaks and a healthy roster they have the talent to win 10-11 games. They could just as easily win 5 or 6.

The NFL is weird. No one saw the Giants imploding just as no one saw the Rams becoming a powerhouse or the Eagles being the best team in the league.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The Redskins are like most teams in the NFL. With a couple breaks and a healthy roster they have the talent to win 10-11 games. They could just as easily win 5 or 6.

The NFL is weird. No one saw the Giants imploding just as no one saw the Rams becoming a powerhouse or the Eagles being the best team in the league.

I was high on the Eagles but the Rams caught me completely off guard. You expect the Jags and Vikings to eventually turn it around but are still a bit surprised when it actually happens. The fast start by the Chiefs and Bills was unnerving, but they kind of came back down to Earth.

And on that note, I'm calling it right now that if the Vikings don't make it back to the NFC Championship under Cousins then there will be talk somewhere about "well they were lucky to even make it that far last year, the Saints would have beaten them if not for that blown final play."

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Is he any good? I don’t know him

I don’t know him either. He was drafted by the Crows and left for CHI after his rookie deal was up but spent his 2 years in CHI battling injuries.

He is pushing 30 so he is nothing more than a backup to Smith. Not even sure if he plays special teams.

He did play at Miss State so the right OLB position is filled with Bulldogs.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I don’t know him either. He was drafted by the Crows and left for CHI after his rookie deal was up but spent his 2 years in CHI battling injuries.

He is pushing 30 so he is nothing more than a backup to Smith. Not even sure if he plays special teams.

He did play at Miss State so the right OLB position is filled with Bulldogs.

Is he any good? I don’t know him

was bears captain as well

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

was bears captain as well

I shorted him one year in CHI but my limited knowledge of him appears to be accurate. Vet back up, not a starter. I like the culture changer/captain aspect. Could be a nice mentor for Ryan Anderson.

Having said that, he hasn't been signed by the Skins yet. Or no official announcement from the team. Listening to 980 it sounds like the only thing linking McPhee to the Skins was a report he told ATL he was signing in DC. So not a done deal.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
One more, saving the best for last. :sarcasm:

Based on this I'd like to see the Skins take a TE at some point in the draft.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
One more, saving the best for last. :sarcasm:

Based on this I'd like to see the Skins take a TE at some point in the draft.

Yep. Vernon can stay ageless only for so long and it should be assumed that Reed will contribute nothing moving forward. Hard to imagine a guy that brittle gets healthier as he ages.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
While I can understand trying to build hype into a new team in the world’s most star-struck city, I can’t help but wonder if the Rams offseason will backfire a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad