GDT: Washington Not-Commanders @ Dallas Not-Cowboys | 10/27/22 | 8:30p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Stop force-plugging old hasbeens in the lineup and play younger and faster guys!!!

And trade Fehervary. The sooner the better! We might have to make a new deal for him if he keeps up playing semi-ok. Rather see Irwin playing semi-ok. He atleast has experience and could make our defence better.

Laviolette sucks. We need a coach with fresh ideas and cool approaches. I heard Boudreau might be avaivable soon. Or some other 70 year old who just got fired from his previous gig.

Carlson sucks. Should trade him for some other guy who is avaivable because that guys team doesnt want him. But that guy cant be any worse atleast.

Goalies still let some goals in. I thought that was supposed to get fixed with the new guys. Another season with goalies. Blah.

We should have lost the other games too unless we get 15 free goals from our opponents. We only score goals that shouldnt count because they are easy. 15 of them easy goals. Against a good team we score ZERO easy goals.

The team has never looked so bad. Although i dont remember anything that happened last year or the year before that. But surely it couldnt have been this bad. I think.

We lost a close game against a hot team. Get over it.
I was agreeing with several of your points until the last line and then I realised the entire post was sarcastic :laugh:

Reactions: Roshi and Hivemind

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t get the Fehervary hate. He’s 23 years old and did a pretty good job in his rookie year. It’s common for young defensemen to struggle in their 2nd year when their role/responsibilities increase.

Why should we trade him? We complain all day long about how old the team is, yet we should be trading a 23 year old D with good mobility and good physicality?
I’m with you man….

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I don't know about trading him, but he was plugged into the top 4 from the beginning of last year. He's just not as good as some claim to be. He plays a lot of minutes, but he's mostly just chasing guys around his own zone. I just think expectations should be lowered and he should be more of a bottom pair dman until he shows he's more than that.

I worry that this reputation he has as an excellent defender has not been earned and will just lead to him being a highly paid top 4 defender for us for many years to come when he's just...average/below average at best?
Where are all these claims? He was inserted into the top pair of a playoff team as a rookie a treaded water pretty damn good when most would drown.

That is NOT the same as claims of excellence amd people running around here saying how great he’s been so far. That’s just not happening. He’s still kinda treading water, but he’s still not drowning either.

We should however be somewhat encouraged IMO by what he’s shown.

I was just thinking how it’s weird how the fan expectations for Fever as a rookie and now in his 2nd year are so high, as if he should have some how been a lot better immediately, where as fans are willing to gift CMM his ice time with no real expectations last year or this….

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
I was just thinking how it’s weird how the fan expectations for Fever as a rookie and now in his 2nd year are so high, as if he should have some how been a lot better immediately, where as fans are willing to gift CMM his ice time with no real expectations last year or this….
Well that’s the frustrating part. Fehervary is gifted a lot of ice time despite his struggles, they throw him back out there. That’s good because as you say, he’s a first/second year player. He needs to play to get better. I appreciate that mindset. McMichael isn’t afforded that opportunity. He’s not given a long leash to screw up some.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Well that’s the frustrating part. Fehervary is gifted a lot of ice time despite his struggles, they throw him back out there. That’s good because as you say, he’s a first/second year player. He needs to play to get better. I appreciate that mindset. McMichael isn’t afforded that opportunity. He’s not given a long leash to screw up some.
Fever earned his promotion a year before, then still spent another season in Hershey due to a crowded roster. That’s not gifting. CMM is currently in what should be his rookie year, wasn’t physically ready last year and still hasn’t earned his way yet. I can’t imagine that’s far off though unless he’s traded for a clear upgrade. Patience.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Caps are flush w forwards. Not so much on D. Comparing our D depth to our F depth isn’t exactly apples to oranges. Right?

Caps are 3 deep in D. Solidly. Then Fever/JVR/Gus.

Caps are like 10 deep in F. Everyone is hating on Eller. He hasn’t been the issue.

Everyone was hating on MarJo. He wasn’t the issue either.

So, Protas sits? Or Malenstyn?

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I don’t really understand how some of the same people who pine away for Siegenthaler (a player who was extremely MEH in his time here, and many wanted him replaced), want Fever put to pasture too.

Young D-men take time. Fever is well ahead of where Siegs was, in relative terms, at the same ages.
that's exactly one person living and dying by the stupid shit they concluded from half an article that also ended up deciding that conclusion was stupid and required context

I've brought up Siegenthaler a few times to @CapitalsCupReality, who absolutely insists that the young guys don't play because they aren't earning it and just can't ever seem to get around to talking about how Chara managed to "earn it" so much harder... but it's always in relation to CMM v. Hagelin/Eller/Blank and the likelihood that the same thing will happen all over again.

Reactions: Hivemind

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
that's exactly one person living and dying by the stupid shit they concluded from half an article that also ended up deciding that conclusion was stupid and required context

I've brought up Siegenthaler a few times to @CapitalsCupReality, who absolutely insists that the young guys don't play because they aren't earning it and just can't ever seem to get around to talking about how Chara managed to "earn it" so much harder... but it's always in relation to CMM v. Hagelin/Eller/Blank and the likelihood that the same thing will happen all over again.
Check the history, I supported Seige since the draft. He just didn’t earn his permanent spot here. It’s not some indictment of the process. I also have never said Chara earned his season here…that was an organizational choice. Not all moves work out.

When CMM is ready, he will earn his permanent spot in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad