OT: Washington Football Team: What's in a name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Well, and not until someone is on the clock and he's there. If they love Lance, and trade into 4, and then SF takes Lance and leaves us with Mac, that would be ridiculous.

At this point the draft first round may be the most interesting one I can recall.

I prefer Fields to Lance, anyways.

I think the "total bust" chances on Lance are surprisingly high. His passing game is raw as hell and he ran on some total donkey teams.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I prefer Fields to Lance, anyways.

I think the "total bust" chances on Lance are surprisingly high. His passing game is raw as hell and he ran on some total donkey teams.

I'm not a fan of either of them. Lance is way too raw, only played 1 game last year. Fields has rumors of his work ethic, which reminds us all too much of Dwayne Haskins.

I'm on the Mac train or just wait.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Well, and not until someone is on the clock and he's there. If they love Lance, and trade into 4, and then SF takes Lance and leaves us with Mac, that would be ridiculous.

At this point the draft first round may be the most interesting one I can recall.
Then they take Kyle Pitts.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Then they take Kyle Pitts.

Trade how many picks to move up to take... a TE? No thanks. This kind of move up has to be for a QB and it has to be for their guy, or else its crazy.

The QB they love may not be the one I love, but if Lombardi is to believed they are targeting Lance, without knowing for sure he will be there. Unless they asked Kid Shanny and Shanny was polite and gave them his draft plans LOL

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
He will be a TE in name only. He has WR speed.

The last time we traded 2 first round picks for a WR worked out great LOL

desmond-bacffd39d15dce2b.jpg

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
The last time we traded 2 first round picks for a WR worked out great LOL

desmond-bacffd39d15dce2b.jpg
Again, never mind. Another reading comprehension issue.

I’ll just say this, Howard was a bust because he was tiny and couldn’t get open off the line at the snap. Pitts is 6-6/240, all he has to do to separate from a defender is stand up straight.

Last edited:

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I'm not a fan of either of them. Lance is way too raw, only played 1 game last year. Fields has rumors of his work ethic, which reminds us all too much of Dwayne Haskins.

I'm on the Mac train or just wait.
Fields is the real deal, dude is a gamer. Dunno why he gets the hate around here, simply because he’s an OSU qb?

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Yes. Its that simple.

Would you trade multiple 1st's and 2nds to draft him?
Considering next years QB class isn’t that great he is worth 2 1sts IMO. That doesn’t mean I think WE should be the team to do so. Fields is a dynamic runner and has insane accuracy with a quick release. Saying no to him because he’s from OSU is a lazy argument. We need to do something about QB soon, Fitz will be fun for one maybe 2 years.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Sure I know better. I guess reading comprehension is the issue. Anyway, trading anything to trade up for Trey Lance will be a waste. This is a dumb discussion.
I can read just fine, thanks. The point is you do NOT make the trade unless you know for a fact that the player you want will be there. There is no consolation prize in this scenario.

you are presenting a consolation prize (Pitts). That is bad thinking. You don’t do it and then shrug your shoulders and take a TE if the guy you want isn’t guaranteed.

Comprende?

Reactions: kicksavedave

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Again, never mind. Another reading comprehension issue.

I’ll just say this, Howard was a bust because he was tiny and couldn’t get open off the line at the snap. Pitts is 6-6/240, all he has to do to separate from a defender is stand up straight.
So you advocate a deal to 4 now, which will cost a ton, and would be ok if they ended up w Pitts? Just so I am clear on your stance here.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I can read just fine, thanks. The point is you do NOT make the trade unless you know for a fact that the player you want will be there. There is no consolation prize in this scenario.

you are presenting a consolation prize (Pitts). That is bad thinking. You don’t do it and then shrug your shoulders and take a TE if the guy you want isn’t guaranteed.

Comprende?
Trading up is bad thinking. Next.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Fields is the real deal, dude is a gamer. Dunno why he gets the hate around here, simply because he’s an OSU qb?

I have nothing against Fields because he went to OSU, at all. My issue with him is that multiple sources have said there are issues with his work ethic. He's not a film studier, according to some reports, last in first out of the QB room.

That's my concern because it mirrors Haskins, who was talented but not dedicated. OSU has nothing to do with it other than coincidence.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Not sure there is anything I can say that will clarify things for you.
I’ll try one last time, if RR is dumb enough to trade up for a specific QB and that QB is gone, for whatever reason, then take Pitts. I am not advocating a trade up for Pitts. I have been advocating for a while now not trading multiple picks for anything.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I’ll try one last time, if RR is dumb enough to trade up for a specific QB and that QB is gone, for whatever reason, then take Pitts. I am not advocating a trade up for Pitts. I have been advocating for a while now not trading multiple picks for anything.

That's fair, so let's just hope RR isn't dumb enough to trade up for the #4 QB without knowing he'll be there... or even if he is there.

Trading up is bad thinking, let's just end it there in complete agreement.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Is trading up bad if it’s a player you really think will improve your roster dramatically? You essentially take a risk on all of them, building a roster through mid round draft picks sounds nice but 2-7rd picks end up busts more often than not. I’m not advocating them to do it just to be clear

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Is trading up bad if it’s a player you really think will improve your roster dramatically? You essentially take a risk on all of them, building a roster through mid round draft picks sounds nice but 2-7rd picks end up busts more often than not. I’m not advocating them to do it just to be clear

Draft picks in general are low probability, but trading up is even lower probability overall because you spend multiple picks on one player. It's been dreadful results for the Redskins history, starting with the guy I pictured above. But Jason Campbell and RG3 are also examples of how it can fail.

The rate of success when trading up is likely far lower than the rate of success when not doing it, despite a few high profile successes. For each Mahomes, there's a Wentz, RG3, or Ryan Leaf.

Reactions: max21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad