OT: Washington Football Team: 2021 Regular Season - Part 1 - The Taylor Heinicke Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
But actually, whats the hate for Yuengling, Pabst, Narragansett, and Natty Bo? All are superior to Coors, Bud, Miller etc. imho
I'm no longer a big fan of Yuengling, but agreed on the rest. 'Gansett and Natty Boh are my go-tos when it comes to getting dirt cheap beer. Far better than any of the big brands, even if they're still watered down crud.

Obviously a ton of craft breweries will blow all these out of the water, but sometimes you want to be spending $12 for 30 beers rather than $12 for 4 beers.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I'm no longer a big fan of Yuengling, but agreed on the rest. 'Gansett and Natty Boh are my go-tos when it comes to getting dirt cheap beer. Far better than any of the big brands, even if they're still watered down crud.

Obviously a ton of craft breweries will blow all these out of the water, but sometimes you want to be spending $12 for 30 beers rather than $12 for 4 beers.

There is never a time when I want to do that. Not ever. If that is my choice I'll drink free tap water and hit myself in the head with a hammer to get a buzz instead. Or just smoke a joint from the garden.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If only people could have predicted he would be injury prone... based on 27 surgeries and broken bones during his college career.

Does he still have the metal cables holding his tib and fib together?

While this is true it seems like QB injuries in general have been epidemic. I don't know the stats but that's the sense I have. This year is already off to a rocky start for a lot of teams.

Dalton, Tyrod, maybe Mayfield, maybe Big Ben, Wentz, Tua, Fitz

So out of 32 teams there are already 5-7 starting QBs either out or significantly dinged by week 3. Mariota is also on IR after playing one down, and Carr was hurt last Sunday but is practicing.

Tyrod - injured on a scramble, non-contact
Tua - hit from behind in the pocket
Fitz - hit from behind in the pocket
Wentz - hit from behind in the pocket
Dalton - injured on a scramble, non-contact

Can't overstate the value of a good OL.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
There is never a time when I want to do that. Not ever. If that is my choice I'll drink free tap water and hit myself in the head with a hammer to get a buzz instead. Or just smoke a joint from the garden.
Different strokes. I enjoy a ton of expensive craft beer, but I also enjoy parking lot drinking. There's a place for both. And sometimes they work well together (start strong and tasty, graduate to cheap shit to maintain).

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The way I saw it Wentz was flushed from the pocket, tucked and ran and was instantly caught from behind, but sure a great OL is nice to have no doubt.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
While this is true it seems like QB injuries in general have been epidemic. I don't know the stats but that's the sense I have. This year is already off to a rocky start for a lot of teams.

Dalton, Tyrod, maybe Mayfield, maybe Big Ben, Wentz, Tua, Fitz

So out of 32 teams there are already 5-7 starting QBs either out or significantly dinged by week 3. Mariota is also on IR after playing one down, and Carr was hurt last Sunday but is practicing.

Tyrod - injured on a scramble, non-contact
Tua - hit from behind in the pocket
Fitz - hit from behind in the pocket
Wentz - hit from behind in the pocket
Dalton - injured on a scramble, non-contact

Can't overstate the value of a good OL.

Well sure, a good OL can help keep a QB upright, but there are times when getting rolled on the leg is just random dumb luck... happened to Brady once and plenty of otherwise durable QBs.

I'm just talking about Tua though, and as I mentioned before his draft, there was a pretty good research paper done on QB's with injuries in college and how that translates the the pros, while QBs who are durable in college tend to remain durable in the pros.

No question this has been a bad year for QB injuries just 2 games in. Wonder if the goofy three game preseason had anything to do with it? Can we blame it on Covid? :D

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I’m almost exclusively bourbon on a square ice cube these days. Beer destroys my stomach, wine is too sweet and gives me terrible hangovers, and the ciders/seltzers lose their appeal after one can (though the High Noons are delicious, I will say that).

Reactions: max21 and DWGie26

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Jets looking really bad in the Wilson for Darnold swap so far.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I’m almost exclusively bourbon on a square ice cube these days. Beer destroys my stomach, wine is too sweet and gives me terrible hangovers, and the ciders/seltzers lose their appeal after one can (though the High Noons are delicious, I will say that).
Agreed on wine and seltzers. Ciders I still enjoy, but I can't remember the last time I actually had one. Bourbon and my stomach have a mixed relationship, but I do still quite enjoy a nice single malt Scotch when the occasion calls for it.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Darnold generally had a garbage running game to prop him up in NY. With CMC going out I wonder if he backslides.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Carolina already 3-0 and have one of the easiest schedules in the league. I expect them to get a wildcard, maybe more.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I’m over beer, I’ll take a high noon or twisted tea all day lol. I had a few Topo Chico hard seltzer in Costa Rica those were delicious. Mainly drink liquor now, Basil Hayden has been my favorite lately

Sep 19, 2008
PXL_20210919_114126197.jpg
Older I get the less beer I can take. Last Saturday I drank an entire stein of Paulen Oktoberfest beer in a stein I got from Target along with a glass of wine and was feeling like shit for the rest of the day.

And yes, retired from hard liqour for now.

Sep 19, 2008
Back on topic some fans wanted Darnold in the off-season but what he's doing is also with Joe Brady who has done wonders with qbs

I'm completely fine with how we handled the qb position in the off-season. Stafford wasn't coming here. Neither was Darnold. Even if they did there's no guarantee it would have worked. Heineke knew the offense already. Plus Fitzpatrick was a good one year contract.

Reactions: Bananas

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Back on topic some fans wanted Darnold in the off-season but what he's doing is also with Joe Brady who has done wonders with qbs

I'm completely fine with how we handled the qb position in the off-season. Stafford wasn't coming here. Neither was Darnold. Even if they did there's no guarantee it would have worked. Heineke knew the offense already. Plus Fitzpatrick was a good one year contract.

I wanted Fitz over Darnold, and Stafford over Fitz. But the debate here was about Darnold's value and whether or not he could be salvaged. My take was he was underrated and overscrutinized because of his situation in NY and he COULD be a decent NFL QB somewhere else.

I'm fine with Heiney for now as a local story for now. Next year he'll be in a competition with whoever we draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad