OT: Washington Football Team 2020 Season Thread 11: Week 1 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Dak threw for 500 yards today, if they had any kind of good defense/secondary they would be real good

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Damn....rolled my usual 3 x 3 team parlays for early games and only the Cowgirls kept me from going 3-0......SOBs.....

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Burrow and Herbert look legit.

Depending on what we see from Tua, could be at least 3 good Qbs from this year's draft...

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Yeah that was a failed test. Chose the play with no scoring chance vs the play with possible chance.

Haskins HAS to have better first halves. I know that for his standards today was indeed better, but he's far from where he has to be.

I don't know what's going on. Maybe he's enough of a neophyte that he still can't transfer what he studies on tape to what he's seeing on the field until he's seen the defense for a half and then had time to process. It's weird.

I'd be far more content with his development if he had second half play to start games.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Feel bad for Haskins but it seems like a waste of a pick. He was always going to be a project but he was drafted by a coach who didn’t want him and didn’t prepare him and now it seems like Rivera is going to want his own guy. Not saying Haskins doesn’t deserve some blame but I maintain he couldn’t have been drafted into a worse situation.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
RR is a defensive coach that started out coaching LBs. He's never developed a QB as a head coach. Newton fell into his lap fully formed.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Feel bad for Haskins but it seems like a waste of a pick. He was always going to be a project but he was drafted by a coach who didn’t want him and didn’t prepare him and now it seems like Rivera is going to want his own guy. Not saying Haskins doesn’t deserve some blame but I maintain he couldn’t have been drafted into a worse situation.

I put no blame on Haskins. Dude is doing the work, the development process he's been given by his bosses is trash and minimizes his chance of success; this guy had very, very little football experience coming into his NFL career and still has very little. Another good talent gone to waste because a bad team did bad things with it.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
OBJ just abused the entire Dallas D for 50 yards and the dumbasses Leon letted the xp and the brownies get a 2 pt conversion out of it.
This was a killer. I and Cowboys -6.5 second half in a 3 team parlay. The other 2 legs hit. Cowboys should’ve been up 7 (or 8 with the actual blocked XP) in the 2nd half. But no....freak play means up 6.

lost a lot of $$$ on that once in a lifetime play. I hate betting. I always lose on that. Never win on it

Reactions: Beef Invictus

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I put no blame on Haskins. Dude is doing the work, the development process he's been given by his bosses is trash and minimizes his chance of success; this guy had very, very little football experience coming into his NFL career and still has very little. Another good talent gone to waste because a bad team did bad things with it.
They're a disease. They take talented guys and ruin their careers. I was talking about this with my brother today since Andre Roberts is playing very well for Buffalo. The list of guys who left and flourished is list is long and distinguished but how many guys can you name that have been better in DC than they were somewhere else? Pierre Garcon? London Fletcher? Casey Rabach? It's really pathetic.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Just saw the Browns-Cowboys highlights. Jaw still hanging slack from that OBJ run at the end there in the 4th quarter.
Might be the play of the year!

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia

Also, he's not a particularly accurate passer and has terrible pocket presence.

You can only develop so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad