Post-Game Talk: Washington disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I only watched the 3rd but they were physically abused.

Wood played 7:40 -McLeod 5:36

Wtf is even the point in that?

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Ray's Plan is chasing away the fanbase

I don't see a desire to win this season, especially if he keeps Hynes

He wasn't expecting regression from guys like Wood, Butcher, Noesen, Vatanen. Johansson hasn't played up to snuff although he's been better as of late. We're still not getting enough of of the 2C spot. We'll see what happens

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We need new goalies. Kinkaid and Schneider is an awful tandem.

Keith would be alright if he wants to stay as the backup, but he's not consistent enough to be a quality starter.

Cory's done.

Granted this kind of game has been the exception rather than the norm since February but Keith's never had a full season as a starter. If he starts having more of these games then that's just more proof he shouldn't be anything more than a platoon goalie.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Hopefully now that we are done with nov and have more home games in dec they can get on a roll.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He wasn't expecting regression from guys like Wood, Butcher, Noesen, Vatanen. Johansson hasn't played up to snuff although he's been better as of late. We're still not getting enough of of the 2C spot. We'll see what happens

I mean you HAVE to look at coaching when so many guys are underachieving. How many guys can you honestly look at and say they're playing well? Coleman? Maybe you can debate Palm, Zajac and Nico. Hall's had a lot of empty points this year mostly off of Palm's great start.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
The worst place on the ice to turn the puck over is the two blue lines, and we do it constantly every game. When you turn the puck over there, you allow the opponent to counter-attack against you while your players are skating the wrong direction and set up for offense.

A lot of stuff like that going on this season.

-Defenseman leaving the front net space open.
-Misplaying 2 v 1's like crazy (Greene in particular), Hall stickhandling literally into 2-3 guys sometimes waiting for him
-Not shooting a lot, but taking low percentage passes to high/wide angle shots (think Palms shooting that wide angle shot and always missing or hitting pads)
-Preferring for the perfect pass play (getting poked away) instead of shooting it in the prime areas (slot, high slot, low slot)
-PP skating into walls, PP static
-Weird goalie plays, playing puck in bad situations (both Cory and KK).

This seems to be coaching, or coachable strategies. This is all stuff i've seen in the last 10 games, roughly.

Reactions: Blender

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Granted this kind of game has been the exception rather than the norm since February but Keith's never had a full season as a starter. If he starts having more of these games then that's just more proof he shouldn't be anything more than a platoon goalie.

The way I see it those 18 posts have made his numbers look better than they should this year.

He's had some good games, but not enough where I feel confident playing him 55 games a season.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
hynes would make an OK assistant coach...

come on boys! try harder!

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
I don’t see more than 72 points this season. Goaltending is less than mediocre at most, power play is ill-competent at most, too many underachievers, a couple of washed up plods and decaying hombres. Coaching is questionable at the most.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
A lot of stuff like that going on this season.

-Defenseman leaving the front net space open.
-Misplaying 2 v 1's like crazy (Greene in particular), Hall stickhandling literally into 2-3 guys sometimes waiting for him
-Not shooting a lot, but taking low percentage passes to high/wide angle shots (think Palms shooting that wide angle shot and always missing or hitting pads)
-Preferring for the perfect pass play (getting poked away) instead of shooting it in the prime areas (slot, high slot, low slot)
-PP skating into walls, PP static
-Weird goalie plays, playing puck in bad situations (both Cory and KK).

This seems to be coaching, or coachable strategies. This is all stuff i've seen in the last 10 games, roughly.

D giving up the middle on breakaways. They do that a lot.

Reactions: Blender

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The way I see it those 18 posts have made his numbers look better than they should this year.

He's had some good games, but not enough where I feel confident playing him 55 games a season.

I don't want to go there yet but it's possible regression starts setting in.

Reactions: njdevils1982
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad