OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Regular Season Thread -- Hail to the Commies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Of the three top QBs in next years draft Levis throws an amazing spiral...for some reason that really jumped out.
I may like that QB from Tennessee (Hooker) better than Levis, Stroud, and Young.

Making him essentially the GM was.
Ron is a good man, and a good leader.

But that’s about it.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
1665417437654.png

Soon to be plucked from the dumpster by the Womps

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
So 1-4 isn’t acceptable in Carolina at least. But let’s be honest, firing Ron isn’t solving any of our issues right now
That’s right…..and they’re embarrassing but not embarrassing enough for this clown show to make a move…and it won’t matter for right now. Let him play it out over the season. His record will speak for itself.

He’s currently 15-23 a .395 win percentage (he’s 4 games better than Rhule)…..should be around 19-31 or 20-30 at the end of the year unless they full on tank it…..or reverse course quickly. He’s trending the wrong way for 2 years now.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
So 1-4 isn’t acceptable in Carolina at least. But let’s be honest, firing Ron isn’t solving any of our issues right now
Disagree. This team is regressing under Ron. They’re unprepared, undisciplined, and have no identity. Pretty much all of the moves Ron has made have busted. How is he not to blame for this?

I get that Snyder sucks ass and we’re never going to win with him but Ron is making the situation worse.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
RR Pink Slip Watch

1665418497376.png

The Bears are decent against the pass but suck against the run. The Charmanders have a chance in that game if they can control the LOS and only pass as much as necessary to open up the ground game.

That said the Womps are 5th worst in the league in Rush yds/G. It could easily be a loss, meaning 5 in a row. And no sign of letup until maybe week 11 vs HOU.

Does RR survive that long? If they roll into Philly and MNF with a 1-8 record and lose that might be the swan song. Then you give the interim coach a chance to maybe win vs HOU.

This team could finish 3-14. Or worse. Unless something big changes.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Disagree. This team is regressing under Ron. They’re unprepared, undisciplined, and have no identity. Pretty much all of the moves Ron has made have busted. How is he not to blame for this?

I get that Snyder sucks ass and we’re never going to win with him but Ron is making the situation worse.
He is right now. That’s for sure. It’s all looking bad.

But there are a lot of other cards to play first. We have:

DC to fire
OC to fire
QB to fire

Or a combo of the 3

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
RR Pink Slip Watch

View attachment 592214

The Bears are decent against the pass but suck against the run. The Charmanders have a chance in that game if they can control the LOS and only pass as much as necessary to open up the ground game.

That said the Womps are 5th worst in the league in Rush yds/G. It could easily be a loss, meaning 5 in a row. And no sign of letup until maybe week 11 vs HOU.

Does RR survive that long? If they roll into Philly and MNF with a 1-8 record and lose that might be the swan song. Then you give the interim coach a chance to maybe win vs HOU.

This team could finish 3-14. Or worse. Unless something big changes.
Oh man weeks 8, 9, and 10 are going to be embarrassing. Wentz heads back to Indy, then Kirk comes to DC, and then it’s Wentz’s first trip back to Philly. Three grudge match games in a row, and three games they’ll likely all lose and most likely lose in embarrassing fashion.

JD McKissic turning down the Bills to come here for the same money continues to be bananas to me. Could be starting for what’s probably the best team in football but instead he’s playing for a bottom three team. These guys are one Travis Etienne drop away from being 0-5.

Reactions: g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Oh man weeks 8, 9, and 10 are going to be embarrassing. Wentz heads back to Indy, then Kirk comes to DC, and then it’s Wentz’s first trip back to Philly. Three grudge match games in a row, and three games they’ll likely all lose and most likely lose in embarrassing fashion.

JD McKissic turning down the Bills to come here for the same money continues to be bananas to me. Could be starting for what’s probably the best team in football but instead he’s playing for a bottom three team. These guys are one Travis Etienne drop away from being 0-5.

Exactly. A halfway decent could be 4-2 before going into the GB/Indy/MIN/PHI meat grinder. But at best they might be 2-4.

All eyes will be on them for those 3-4 weeks and RR's seat is going to be melting every ass that touches it.

WRT McK I think he saw the writing on the wall there with Singletary, Moss, and their high draft pick Cook all fighting for touches in a pass-heavy offense and correctly concluded his career had a better chance of avoiding practice squad duty in DC. That's probably the extent of it.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
IOW the personal shame Synder will feel after that stretch could be enough to overcome whatever loyalty or attachment he still feels for RR.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Come on…..what current assistant is going to right this ship?

Hiring an outsider mid-season seems difficult to do successfully.

IOW the personal shame Synder will feel after that stretch could be enough to overcome whatever loyalty or attachment he still feels for RR.
Lol this dude feels NO shame! He just wore Cowboys colors to a game against his own franchise!

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
After going to FedEx, the place would be fine if Snyder put some money into the damn place. I sat by the railing that collapsed year and fans were still crowding it….

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Come on…..what current assistant is going to right this ship?
Who knows? Also, who cares? It’s clear at this point Ron is hopeless. They’re only getting worse. Why continue this charade?

Also, this franchise has let a lot of talented assistants leave. In addition to the ones we know like McVay and LeFleur, Shane Waldron also coached here. Waldron is the new Seattle OC who is making Geno Smith look like a franchise QB.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Who knows? Also, who cares? It’s clear at this point Ron is hopeless. They’re only getting worse. Why continue this charade?

Also, this franchise has let a lot of talented assistants leave. In addition to the ones we know like McVay and LeFleur, Shane Waldron also coached here. Waldron is the new Seattle OC who is making Geno Smith look like a franchise QB.
Then let him tank them…..do we have a young assistant that fits the bill?

I think Snyder will keep him at least until the season ends.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Who had week 5 in the pool for RR to publicly throw his hand picked and traded for QB under the team bus?

I figured it would be week 8 or 9, but RR is wasting no time whatsoever in trashing the guy who he was in love with 3 months ago.

Reactions: Hivemind
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad