OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Offseason - Part 2 - Commander Carson Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I really want them to take the safety from ND if he is there at 11. A lot of draft capital has been used on WRs over the last couple years. A dynamic safety could have a huge impact on the defense.

CaptainAmerica

OV >>>>>> Crosby
May 3, 2010
Charlottesville,VA
My preferred wish list for #11:

1A) Derek Stingley Jr - CB LSU - we haven’t had true shut down corner, since the days of Champ Bailey. This guy could be it.

1B) Kyle Hamilton - SS Notre Dame - dude is a stud. Can do it all. Big strong athlete that can matchup well with modern/athletic TEs

3) Garret Wilson - WR Ohio State - in my opinion the best WR in the draft. If we decide to go the WR route, I would much rather pick Wilson over London Drake.

Just my two cents.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
My preferred wish list for #11:

1A) Derek Stingley Jr - CB LSU - we haven’t had true shut down corner, since the days of Champ Bailey. This guy could be it.

1B) Kyle Hamilton - SS Notre Dame - dude is a stud. Can do it all. Big strong athlete that can matchup well with modern/athletic TEs

3) Garret Wilson - WR Ohio State - in my opinion the best WR in the draft. If we decide to go the WR route, I would much rather pick Wilson over London Drake.

Just my two cents.

Thats me as well.

However, I wouldnt mind London Drake and he seems to be the most likely choice. Bigger body, compliments Terry and Wentz does better with bigger receivers. WR Jameson Willams is getting noise as the no 1 WR now.

--------------

Pickett to Panthers with the no. 6 pick seems to be a done deal.

Sep 19, 2008
Is it just me or is this team better than last year's club? Even if you complain about the lack of offseason moves, they kept JD mckissic (huge) and Young and Sweat will be fully healthy. In addition they play an easier sched than last year.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I really want them to take the safety from ND if he is there at 11. A lot of draft capital has been used on WRs over the last couple years. A dynamic safety could have a huge impact on the defense.
Is it just me or is this team better than last year's club? Even if you complain about the lack of offseason moves, they kept JD mckissic (huge) and Young and Sweat will be fully healthy. In addition they play an easier sched than last year.
The jury is still out on Young being healthy when the season starts. ACL injury takes about 18 months before a player is fully 100% minus the freak that was AP.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia

The jury is still out on Young being healthy when the season starts. ACL injury takes about 18 months before a player is fully 100% minus the freak that was AP.
Hamilton looks the part.

There's also the fact that Young was playing like dogshit before his injury and appears to be more of an athlete than a football player.

Still think Sam Howell could be 1 of 2 QBs to hit from this draft.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Carson Strong (later) intrigues me a little lately….Hamilton looks like a beast so we’ll pass on him or he’ll be gone.

Reactions: max21

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
We unfortunately still need a linebacker, badly
If they take Hamilton at 11 he would fill the Buffalo nickel position Collins played last year so they would be adding a LB type. Then they can get added LB depth in later rounds.

I’ve also read some “experts” say this draft is so deep, partially due to COVID, that a lot of value can be had signing UDFA’s.

Reactions: max21

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish

Number of draft picks the Ravens have through the first 4 rounds of the draft.

Thats long term thinking ahead.

We dont have our 3rd or 5th rounder this year.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

It’s been like that for a while. Good teams, consistent playoff level teams, covet their draft picks. Use them to draft starters and much needed depth. That’s why DC hasn’t been a consistently good team since 1980s.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Are we supposed to sit and stew about it? what’s done is done.

When the Raven sweep a massive stockpike of All Pros, I’ll be impressed, until then….

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It’s been like that for a while. Good teams, consistent playoff level teams, covet their draft picks. Use them to draft starters and much needed depth. That’s why DC hasn’t been a consistently good team since 1980s.
Exactly….

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

The latest on the quarterback class​

As it stands right now, my sources don't believe there is a team in the top 19 picks that will be drafting a QB. There's always a shock on draft night, and teams always look to trade up for a signal-caller, but the Pittsburgh Steelers at No. 20 is the first spot I'm hearing serious QB consideration. Word is that the Steelers like Liberty's Willis, so the question for Pittsburgh GM Kevin Colbert and coach Mike Tomlin: Can they pull a Bill Belichick and just hold tight for their guy? (New England stayed put at No. 15 last April and landed Mac Jones.)

Another team that popped up in my conversations about quarterbacks was the Tennessee Titans, who pick at No. 26. They were the AFC's top team last season at 12-5, and there are bigger roster needs, including wide receiver. But Ryan Tannehill will turn 34 this summer, and Tennessee could drastically reduce its salary at that position if it drafts a QB this year, sits him in 2022 and then parts ways with Tannehill in 2023.

What else I'm hearing​

• Nothing new here, but the Washington Commanders are all in on finding another wide receiver. I've heard two very different nuggets on their preference at No. 11. One GM told me that buzz around the league points to Washington taking Ohio State's Chris Olave, pairing him with a former Buckeyes teammate in Terry McLaurin. But another says London is rumored to be much higher on Washington's board at the position. Regardless, it might be a moot point if London goes to the Falcons or Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad