Washington Caps-Carolina Hurricanes GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Alexyev’s fancies were good tonight. Just didn’t play much. That has to change.

JC74 played almost 30!

IMG_0044.jpeg

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Alexyev’s fancies were good tonight. Just didn’t play much. That has to change.

JC74 played almost 30!

View attachment 840210
If Alexeyev is being kept in the lineup, then he has to start sustaining 15 min nights with the Caps playing a long stretch of games every other night. If he keeps playing less than that, the other 5 regulars are gonna be fatigued down the stretch.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Honestly — waive Kuemper. Let him play in Hershey to get his mojo back. It won’t hurt the Bears as they have the playoffs already locked up.

Bring up Shepard.

And send back down Phillips……pray Oshie or Protas comes back.

Or heck, play the old 11F/7D with Bear!! (I’m uh, kidding?)
77 is toast. Call it a career :cry: and raise him to the rafters. Protas needs to heal up pronto.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
77 is toast. Call it a career :cry: and raise him to the rafters. Protas needs to heal up pronto.
Noooo. Not yet. After this year, yes. I agree. The man has made it this far , this year. Hopefully the hockey gods let him finish what he started in 2023-2024…..and that would include some playoff games.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
When he plays he is one of our best players. It's up to him to say who is toast.
Don't get me wrong, I love Oshie and agree he can still play at a high level when he's on the ice. But it's also clear that his body is broken and he's in pain a lot. That's why I say he's toast.

And it's why I hope he hangs 'em up so he can still enjoy life and play with kids. But he'll be hugely missed.

Reactions: Fred22406Capsfan

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Don't get me wrong, I love Oshie and agree he can still play at a high level when he's on the ice. But it's also clear that his body is broken and he's in pain a lot. That's why I say he's toast.

And it's why I hope he hangs 'em up so he can still enjoy life and play with kids. But he'll be hugely missed.
I think he finishes out this contract and retires.

Reactions: Calicaps

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Keep playing AA. This is his sink or swim time. Milano has been a very nice little find, CCM seems to have really started to settle in, and Lapi has started to find a groove as well. Keep playing the kids, get Ovie goals, keep drafting, and keep looking at 2025/26.

Reactions: Calicaps

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
What a wild game that was. It's absolutely wild that this Caps team is where it is currently - I say wow.

But man, gotta stop letting in so many goals

13 goals over the last 2 games on 60 shots and dare I say many of these should absolutely not have been going in. And then there's another 3 dissalowed goals so really, 16 goals in 63 shots is a lil bit too much :P Gotta find some mojo on defense and in net again.

Outside of playoffs.. chasing the playoffs with a couple of weeks to go is the best part of NHL hockey.
This is fun.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
On Alexeeyev, when do we start to ”trust the process”? After watching CMM, Lapierre, Protas, Malenstyn, Miro all semi-breaking out with the big boys im starting to feel confident they actually are developing the pipeline pretty damn well. They let them cook slowly, and results are starting to look good.

I have no worries they do what they feel is best for AA and he will get there, and when his playing solid 15-18 minutes a night the board goes ”garrrr we said he can handle the minutes!”.. but all the learning curve and time he takes to adjust the little tweaks actually has a value there too. Most of these prospects (elsewhere) are rushed in the league and to a role, and if they fail at their first chance it might put the developement on sidetracks and confidence down. I like the slow cooking, keeping them hungry and obviously how great Hershey has been for them.

Its been fun hockey for a while again and love to see them hang around right in there. Still not sure if they can sustain with the remaining schedule as the narrow for mistakes and off-nights starts to get razor thin again, but atleast they are doing a lot of little things that will push us forward for next season too.

What a fun W tonight!

Last edited:

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
On Alexeeyev, when do we start to ”trust the process”? After watching CMM, Lapierre, Protas, Malenstyn, Miro all semi-breaking out with the big boys im starting to feel confident they actually are developing the pipeline pretty damn well. They let them cook slowly, and results are starting to look good.

I have no worries they do what they feel is best for AA and he will get there, and when his playing solid 15-18 minutes a night the board goes ”garrrr we said he can handle the minutes!”.. but all the learning curve and time he takes to adjust the little tweaks actually has a value there too. Most of these prospects (elsewhere) are rushed in the league and to a role, and if they fail at their first chance it might put the developement on sidetracks and confidence down. I like the slow cooking, keeping them hungry and obviously how great Hershey has been for them.

Its been fun hockey for a while again and love to see them hang around right in there. Still not sure if they can sustain with the remaining schedule as the narrow for mistakes and off-nights starts to get razor thin again, but atleast they are doing a lot of little things that will push us forward for next season too.

What a fun W tonight!
Forwards:
CMM is 23
AP is 23
HL is 22
MM is 20

D-Men:
RS is 24
MF is 24
AA is 24

All 7 are now regulars

Stick w them.

TheSmokingMan

Nov 20, 2006
Maryland
I think he finishes out this contract and retires.

I thought so too, but man this year has been hard on him and It's been tough for us to see him go through it. You can tell the spirit is willing, but the body is falling apart. I want the guy to have a life after he retires and I would love for him to stick around with the organization in some kind of capacity.

I think you would be hard pressed to find a Caps fan who doesn't love Oshie. He embodies everything you want in a player. Even if he only plays half the games next season, I would still want him on the team. I was kind of hoping to see him and Leonard playing on a line together. He's exactly the kind of guy you want your young players to learn from.

Ultimately, it's his decision to make. He's earned it.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Great game. Kuemper handed them a point but 5-on-5 it was very one-sided and 60% on the PP.

5-on-5:
Scoring chances: 27-20
High-danger chances: 8-3

Speaking of the PP... ours is the best in the NHL in the last 20 games. Clicking at 35.5%. :laugh:

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
This was the first time in few months that I've watched the full game of the Caps. If Kuzy wasn't traded to this team I wouldn't. What a game. Like the young guns era.
Watched the first live before going to bed and the rest this morning.

Ovi goal : check
2 points : check

Milano :yo:

I hope after Ovi retires the scoring in the league will go down a little bit.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Both teams stunk defensively. Kuemper was losing the game for us in the first 2 periods! All 4 goals he could have stopped(first 2 he shouldn't have left his crease to play the puck, even the 3rd Canes goal as Kuemper looked scared in the net).

The 2 goals Lindgren gave up were not his fault whatsoever. Canes PP goal Lindgren was kind of still cold and the 2nd one was a fluke.

Caps PP won this game by going 3/6 to save us from being out scored 5-3 even strength.

After the Jets come to town, 2 days later the Wings come to town!
Yes, the PP saved our bacon tonight. The remaining schedule is very tough. I hope that we’ll get Osh and Protas back soon. Wilson will come back in five games… What a bonehead he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad