Washington Caps-Carolina Hurricanes GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1711161142996.gif

My game puck goes to the obvious choice in Sonny Milano for his first career hat trick.

A lot of honorable mentions: Charlie Lindgren, Trevor van Riemsdyk, Dylan Strome, Connor McMichael, and Alex Ovechkin.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Can’t remember the last time I was so fired up for a caps goal than those 3rd period tucks. Good to have that feeling back. These guys are flawed, but they are battling, they have some young guys seizing moments with a blend of vet resurgence. What’s not to love.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Wow! That was so much fun! One of the best games this year. I got to see Toronto kick our ass live. couldn’t make it to this game!

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
One team trying to stay in it while the other wants division title.
fwiw the Canes are probably fine with finishing 2nd in the division and matching up with the 3rd metro team, rather than finishing first and likely facing TBL in the first round..

I was reading a projection the other day that had the Canes cup odds going DOWN with a win bc it meant they were that much more likely to draw Tampa

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Block

Feb 14, 2005
Went back and looked at Aho's high stick. That was not a missed lifting of the stick, he straight up slashed Dowd in the face intentionally.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
🔑 #1: Quantity over quality

↔️

A lot of quantity (66 corsi events) but a lot of quality looks as well. Call this one a push.

🔑 #2: Exploit the well-known Phillips-Wilson Differential

✅

Phillips was a non-factor. But on the other hand zero minus a net-negative is a net-positive.

🔑 #3: Contain Rod Brind'Amour

✅

Rod Brind'Amour is great at working the refs, but the Capitals were able to contain his antics and win the penalty battle. Great gameplanning by Spencer Carbery to neutralize Brind'Amour.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
minutes were interesting tonight. Phillips with 4. Strome with 25. OV 22. Alexyev only 8 minutes and JC74 almost 30. Hopefully Oshie and/or Protas plays tomorrow so MP can go back to 13F.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
fwiw the Canes are probably fine with finishing 2nd in the division and matching up with the 3rd metro team, rather than finishing first and likely facing TBL in the first round..

I was reading a projection the other day that had the Canes cup odds going DOWN with a win bc it meant they were that much more likely to draw Tampa
Meh. First seed in the east isnt locked up either. Too many variables right now.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Important win. Fun game, but have to do better in the defensive zone. The goalie change in the third was the right decision.
Both teams stunk defensively. Kuemper was losing the game for us in the first 2 periods! All 4 goals he could have stopped(first 2 he shouldn't have left his crease to play the puck, even the 3rd Canes goal as Kuemper looked scared in the net).

The 2 goals Lindgren gave up were not his fault whatsoever. Canes PP goal Lindgren was kind of still cold and the 2nd one was a fluke.

Caps PP won this game by going 3/6 to save us from being out scored 5-3 even strength.

Feel like that final playoff spot is down to caps wings and flyers.
After the Jets come to town, 2 days later the Wings come to town!

Reactions: WanderingCapsFan

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
8 mins only for Alexeyev. If Carbs/Love can't trust him, then maybe it's time to switch back to Bear or someone else!

Rofl bear? Sorry, I'd rather see AA gain some experience. AA isn't that bad, he'll learn, but Bear is just downright horrendous.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Rofl bear? Sorry, I'd rather see AA gain some experience. AA isn't that bad, he'll learn, but Bear is just downright horrendous.
Alexeyev shows some good signs at times but still isn't trusted to play 15 min a night. Let us be real, Caps can't have 6 D in their lineup but only go with 5 of them the majority of the game. If Alexeyev can't consistently give 15 mins a game, then you have to dress someone else.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Bear's mobility has not looked great and for an undersigned D not a fan. He gets out muscled on heavy forecheck. Give me AA's big body at least.

Reactions: Calicaps

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
The trashing of Bear is uncalled for. The guy came back from a major injury with no training camp/preseason. He won't be able to catch up with the rest of the roster. Give him a normal offseason and then I think he will be in better shape for next season.

Bear's mobility has not looked great and for an undersigned D not a fan. He gets out muscled on heavy forecheck. Give me AA's big body at least.
For like only 10 mins a game?

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
The trashing of Bear is uncalled for. The guy came back from a major injury with no training camp/preseason. He won't be able to catch up with the rest of the roster. Give him a normal offseason and then I think he will be in better shape for next season.

For like only 10 mins a game?
Hey I'm holding off on passing judgement on Bear till a healthy off-season and see how he looks next seasons.

AA just needs game time. Consistency is always the name of the game for young dmen. Since the caps are not in a full rebuild they are pretty anal giving young D some leash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad