LD | RD
Belov | J Schultz
Smid | Petry
Ference | N Schultz

Starting | Backup
Devan Dubnky | Jason LaBarbera

Last edited:

Liberati0n*

lol you used a junior team name to make fun of how bad they are lmao. Their fans are gonna be so mad LOL

SoulessGingerCapsFan

Jul 5, 2013

alzner-celly2.gif

:caps
4-5-0
Left wing | Center | Right wing
Johansson | Backstrom | Ovechkin
Erat | Laich | Brouwer
Chimera | Grabovski | Ward
Volpatti | Fehr | Wilson

LD | RD
Schmidt | Green
Alzner | Carlson
Erskine | Oleksy

Starting | Backup
Braden Holtby | Michal Neuvirth

mast-logo.png

3-6-1
Left wing | Center | Right wing
Yakupov | Hopkins | Hemsky
Perron | Arcobello | Jones
Gazdic | Acton | ?

LD | RD
Belov | J Schultz
Smid | Petry
Ference | N Schultz

Starting | Backup
Devan Dubnky | Jason LaBarbera

Who is that shooting the arrow?? Hahahahaha

Liberati0n*

It looks like Wilson from the numbers?

Maybe that's why Perreault was expendable.

Liberati0n*

Nope. Google tells me it's Alzner. Wilson's in the bottom right anyway.

SoulessGingerCapsFan

Jul 5, 2013
It looks like Wilson from the numbers?

Maybe that's why Perreault was expendable.

It looks like it's on the defensive side of the bench, but I guess it could be Wilson since he wasn't in the shoot out line up. This is making me crack up everytime I see it for some reason! As a team, we definitely have the best shootout win celebrations (thank you Matty P)

Burakovsky95*

Who is that shooting the arrow?? Hahahahaha

That's Alzner. He actually started the whole Matty P crazy celebrations if you read up on it. He decided to show MP a video of a guy on like Seton Hall's basketball team that rarely played but celebrated every basket by going crazy on the bench. RMNB did a whole piece on it. You can also see Joel Ward has his helmet on backwards rally cap style. Chimera shoves Wilson as well.

Liberati0n*

It looks like it's on the defensive side of the bench, but I guess it could be Wilson since he wasn't in the shoot out line up. This is making me crack up everytime I see it for some reason! As a team, we definitely have the best shootout win celebrations (thank you Matty P)

Yeah it's clearly on the D side. I really Schruted that one.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I still have nightmares about the last game I remember us playing in Edmonton.

BB was the coach and we lost 2-1. The officiating was horrendously brutal. I remember Hendricks getting hauled down fiercly and then get called for a dive.

Edmonton fans were even embarrassed by the officials who gifted them a couple 5 on 3s.

Despite that we dominated territorially at 5 on 5 and heavily outshot them but their goalie came up huge (Khabibulin?)

That was our first loss of the season and started a bit of a slide that eventually led to BB getting fired.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
So...do they showcase Neuvirth...or keep him under wraps?

Interesting but I think with the way Holtby is going we have to roll with him for now since we need wins.

Neuvirth has a body of work over the last few years that can be referenced and he's a solid goalie so they should know what they are getting.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
They play Calgary next, probably decided to play Neuvy against Calgary seeing as he played great against them in relief of Holtby,

Liberati0n*

This game is at 9:30? No wonder they voted down realignment the first time.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
lol you used a junior team name to make fun of how bad they are lmao. Their fans are gonna be so mad LOL

It was a reference to the brouhaha couple days ago, when Habs' Lars Eller made the mistake of saying Oilers played like a 'junior team' and were 'all over the place,' positionally. And then the 'junior team' promptly beat the Habs, 4-3, the next day.

Anyway, there are certainly no gimme games for the Caps. We have a history of blowing some easy ones. Hopefully there is some extra confidence and excitement after last two wins. Would be great to keep this roadie rolling along in the positive direction.

Encouraging that various players are starting to pitch in, including Leader of Men and Tire Changer. And that Erat is getting ice time and making use of it.

Will be interesting to see how 52 responds to getting benched. I liked the way Oates explained it afterward. Said he just didn't think Greenie was "having his best night" and that it was no big deal. I am thinking 52 will bounce back well. Erskine, on the other hand, I still don't see why he gets a sweater. He doesn't look good at all this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad