Prospect Info: Washington Capitals Development Camp July 8-13, 2013

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Updated, but roster information from Day 1 of on-ice camp with Peerless' tweets giving a huge assist as well as a poster from Japers Rink giving me FA invite #s; note team assignments are known to change during the week due to injuries and other reasons; added two invites and deleted Djoos based on afternoon observations

Team White
Forwards
Sam Anas (92), Riley Barber (44), Kyle Baun (6), Chance Braid (63), TJ Foster (3), Caleb Herbert (72), Christian Hilbrich (18), Justin Larson (33), Boston Leier (75), Domenic Monardo (15), Cody Murphy, (14) Taylor Stefishen (96); Latta just for Monday
Defensemen
Connor Carrick (58), Michal Cajkovsky (47), Blake Heinrich (60), Mike Monfredo (79), Matt Petgrave (40), Travis Walsh (87), Patrick Wey (56), Dalton Young (91)

Team Red
Forwards
Travis Boyd (53), Andre Burakovsky (65), Zach Harnden (46), Nolan LaPorte (22), Stephane Legault (13), Rob Linsmayer (97), Conor MacPhee (2), Brian Pinho (80), Zach Sanford (82), Chandler Stephenson (17), Brandon Tanev (23), Tom Wilson (43)
Defensemen
Madison Bowey (55), Garrett Haar (39), Chris Joyaux (93), Patrick Koudys (51), Connor Kucera (89), Tyler Lewington (77), Jaynen Rissling (28), Nate Schmidt (88)

Goalies
Brandon Anderson (78), Sergey Kostenko (57)
Louis-Philip Guindon (1), Clarke Saunders (71)

Last edited:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Legault was a pretty decent junior player and is the name that sticks out among the invitee forwards. Petgrave & Young could be contract-worthy precious PMD. None would crack Hershey at this point but could be project flyers perhaps.

Edit: Though with Carrick & Djoos potentially signing next spring not sure there's any window for add'l D at this point. Way more opportunity organizationally up front.

Last edited:

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
updates: two remaining Team White FA's id'd

Domenic Monardo, F, Lake Superior/NCAA
Travis Walsh, D, Michigan State/NCAA

Djoos was not on the ice today based on my observations this afternoon and others this morning and he's not on the Caps revised camp roster.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Afternoon drills updated with first set of forward line combos; can change, just an aid if someone attends tomorrow or later this week.

Please note the positions are not included, just the line combos so this is NOT a LW/C/RW designation.

Team White
Forwards
Red: Riley Barber (44), TJ Foster (3), Justin Larson (33)
Gray: Kyle Baun (6), Caleb Herbert (72), Taylor Stefishen (96)
White: Sam Anas (92), Boston Leier (75), Domenic Monardo (15), Latta just for Monday
Green: Chance Braid (63), Christian Hilbrich (18), Cody Murphy (14)

Defensemen
Connor Carrick (58), Michal Cajkovsky (47), Blake Heinrich (60), Mike Monfredo (79), Matt Petgrave (40), Travis Walsh (87), Patrick Wey (56), Dalton Young (91)

Team Red
Forwards
Red: Andre Burakovsky (65), Stephane Legault (13), Chandler Stephenson (17), Tom Wilson (43) (day 2 Stephenson moved to gray line)
Gray: Conor MacPhee (2), Brian Pinho (80)
White: Zach Harnden (46), Rob Linsmayer (97), Zach Sanford (82)
Green: Travis Boyd (53), Nolan LaPorte (22), Brandon Tanev (23)

(there were 4 red and 2 gray so perhaps one will shift to the gray line)

Defensemen
Madison Bowey (55), Garrett Haar (39), Chris Joyaux (93), Patrick Koudys (51), Connor Kucera (89), Tyler Lewington (77), Jaynen Rissling (28), Nate Schmidt (88)

Goalies for afternoon session; based on past camps, not unusual for the goalies to change teams during the week
Team White: Sergey Kostenko (57), Clarke Saunders (71)
Team Red: Brandon Anderson (78), Louis-Philip Guindon (1)

Last edited:

Liberati0n*

It's nice that Whyno isn't still here to pump up Haar just because he's nice to him in interviews. I assume Brandon Tanev is Chris Tanev's brother. Is he any good? #bloodlines

Last edited by a moderator:

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Obviously different coaching group, some here last summer, but in past lines have stayed relatively intact except for a tweak or two so sometimes this day one grouping is a good start for the scrimmages; however, not surprising if they do make some changes based on health, play, etc., plus the obvious 4/2 line split.

Team White coaches today, believe I saw Oates, Johansson, Forsythe, Leonhardt, and Courtney Laughlin
Team Red coaches today, believe I saw Haviland, Guest coach Jean, Mougenel; thought I might have seen Courville, too

It's nice that Whyno isn't still here to pump up Haar just because he's nice to him in interviews. I assume Brandon Tanev is Chris Tanev's brother. Is he any good? #bloodlines

No clue about the Haar comment.

As to Tanev, yes it's his brother.

Last edited by a moderator:

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
EmptyMaybe, No problem, I pull this together hoping it helps if people take in a scrimmage or drills later in the week. Day 1, limited observations on my part, especially trying to take down notes while also watching. Too early today to do any line combos or D pairings given the limited drills, too.

Those forward ranks are really thin on prospects. Yeesh.

Not disagreeing but note, some prospects not in attendance, Evgeny Kuznetsov, Thomas Di Pauli & Austin Wuthrich, plus Hershey guys (except for Latta for today.)

edit for an addition: news about Djoos:

@VogsCaps
A knee injury kept him from participating. @sk84fun_dc: ... Any info. avail. why Djoos was not on ice today & not expected at camp?

Liberati0n*

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Yeah, I liked Latta. That was the first interview I've seen of him. I don't really like Burakovsky. Barber seems okay. The interviews are probably the thing I get most (/anything) out of during development camp, so hopefully more players are up as the week goes on.

They are definitely interesting feeling out the personality of a prospect. I didn't get that impression with Burakovsky. Young kid speaking a second language he didn't seem to do too bad of a job. Always good that he wants to meet with the caps to figure out where to play next season.

On the whole Windsor/Erie stuff it is starting to sound like the Capitals had no idea there was some contact/arrangement with Windsor as Erie contacted the Capitals about Burakovsky. All that aside Mahoney during the draft was completely fine with him playing the OHL or back in Sweden.

Liberati0n*

They are definitely interesting feeling out the personality of a prospect. I didn't get that impression with Burakovsky. Young kid speaking a second language he didn't seem to do too bad of a job. Always good that he wants to meet with the caps to figure out where to play next season.

On the whole Windsor/Erie stuff it is starting to sound like the Capitals had no idea there was some contact/arrangement with Windsor as Erie contacted the Capitals about Burakovsky. All that aside Mahoney during the draft was completely fine with him playing the OHL or back in Sweden.

I wasn't making any judgments. I just said I didn't find him likable, but that can change anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad