• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Kevin Hayes locked down Nik Backstrom.

What a time.
Been doing it for about 25-30 games not with exception of game or two. Playing all three zones Yet he makes a bad play on an offsides on the Grabner goal and he's whipping boy again along with his buddy Vesey.

Reactions: mrmovies779

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
would have been a disaster to lose this game with the Metro continuing its Bull rush. The atlantic is a joke.

AKrangerfan

Apr 18, 2012
Anchorage
Benoit Allaire is the #1 star of the game. #2 star Pavs was unbelievable tonight.

Kreider with the dreaded upper body injury, did anyone see him get hit?

I thought the whole team played well but especially the defense.

This was one of the better team games they have played.

culex

Oct 23, 2016
Benoit Allaire is the #1 star of the game. #2 star Pavs was unbelievable tonight.

Kreider with the dreaded upper body injury, did anyone see him get hit?

I thought the whole team played well but especially the defense.

This was one of the better team games they have played.

Not sure if it happened on this play, but this was his last shift of today's game. He eventually ends up in the middle of the ice. You do see him get up a little funny but because he gets up so quickly you wouldn't think of anything at first. But I guess you never know...

Either way, hopefully he's alright. I would be sad if another player had to miss out on the Winter Classic :(.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I posted this in the injury thread fwiw:

I slowed down an overhead and it looked like Orpik's shoulder/elbow hit Kreider up high and his neck twisted. It was after the end of the period when they showed the overhead. I think that's where it may have been. I don't know it's hard to tell.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I thought the dmen tonight were very good for the most part, especially getting the puck out of danger areas and moving it to the forwards. I hope they can do that against other teams. I thought the team played well, they were certainly a better team than the Caps.

As far as the forwards go Nash and Zucc were fantastic tonight. Honestly , I don't think any one player was crappy, it was a strong team game tonight.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

phillyb

Jan 21, 2014
I hate shootouts.

Me too. I actually turned the game off.

What happened to the rule where you can't shoot in the shootout if you have a penalty through the end of OT?

Was never a rule

This needs to be a new rule......extend the OT if that happens. A team literally has NOTHING to lose to take an obvious penalty on a breakaway in the closing seconds. Just expand that notion a little.

I believe it’s a rule for international play, never adopted by the NHL.

Smith looked good with Shattenkirk tonight. And Holden was actually quite good.

Probably one of Holden’s best games as a Ranger.

This will probably be the year they make it past the 2nd round, just because, lol. I couldn't name anything that team is particularly good at.

Watching Ovi coast around the left dot with his stick parallel to the ice for 1:30 of PP time is just...
That’s a great captain.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Caps too top heavy.

too few players are relied upon for offense that when one or more of them start to slump, the team goes in a tailspin.

no depth

smith-pelley/beagle/wilson

all trash

Madison Bowey - who?
Chandler Stevenson - ditto
Andre Burakovsky - Flashy, but has a whopping 8 points
Alex Chaisson - Garbage

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Caps too top heavy.

too few players are relied upon for offense that when one or more of them start to slump, the team goes in a tailspin.

no depth

smith-pelley/beagle/wilson

all trash

Madison Bowey - who?
Chandler Stevenson - ditto
Andre Burakovsky - Flashy, but has a whopping 8 points
Alex Chaisson - Garbage

They lost a lot this offseason and gave Oshie a huge deal. It's amazing how both them and the Rangers have been as competitive as they've been. Rangers some of the younger guys have stepped it up and the goaltending has settled down and look to be improved from last year. Caps though, very very top heavy.

I think they expected Burakovsky to take the next step. He's been injured a lot the last two seasons. It's funny how Chaisson was rumored to sign here. Vrana is pretty good though.

They also have a blue line with two really old guys with Girardi level miles, and two young guys. Once the season gets into that post All Stat Break grind, I'm really curious how they handle it.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Pavelec has had three good starts in a row. He was exceptional in the Dallas game.

The Caps year was in 15-16 and 16-17. Pittsburgh won both years. That team is the ultimate mush team. They will never win. They had good teams with Carpenter,Gartner,Stevens,Langway,etc. They couldn’t out of the 2nd round in the 1980’s with solid teams. David Poile and Bryan Murray. Same story with this group.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I’m going to assume you never had a 56k modem
I did but you conjured up an image of Ovi going door to door trying to offload his quota of trial AOL discs and trumpeting the space age scientific advances of Instant Messenger and electronic mail.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
AV on Buchnevich “Butchie has been going up and down in the last three games,” Vigneault had said before the game. “If somebody is off, I’m not going to hesitate to make a switch and to do what we have to do to play a good game. Butchie has been a good player for us, and I know that he’s going to continue to be a good player for us.

Reactions: Ola

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It's nice to see Pavs playing well. He's always had talent in spades but I think working with Benny has helped. If he can play like this it will be huge down the stretch as Hank can get some rest. It's amazing how spoiled we've been with goaltending in the past decade-plus.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yes. That ship passed a few years ago, but Ovi still sells a lot of AOL trial CDs.
Many years ago when it was the MCI Center I had a friend who worked in the promotions department and I took my dad to a game. We set it up so he got to participate it one of those on-ice intermission races, where you have to put on shoulder pads, gloves, pick up a stick, score a goal, etc. He smoked his opponent who was my age, threw his stick up into the air, the whole nine yards. It was great. We were hoping for like a restaurant gift card or something. Instead, no shit, billionaire Ted Leonsis gave us a thank you letter and a disc for 1000 free hours of AOL. I was like, you gotta be f***ing kidding me, we get these in the mail every week. I guess you don't get to be rich by giving away a bunch of shit, but still, f*** that guy.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
If Hank is the king, Pavs is

d15f0765-37ff-4a06-b287-ab3ea3d7b8ff_100_h_6.gif

Reactions: Ori

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Probably one of Holden’s best games as a Ranger.
Agreed. I actually voted him one of my game stars. He was really involved and mobile but in the right place at the right time. Even some good offensive rushes. He’s certainly a good value for this team.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
benny is a magician. they saw something in pavs for sure. i mean last year he was awful mostly. good on him. he played another strong game.

defensively, im liking this team. all of a sudden this team seems to be able to shut down top lines. its refreshing to see team defense. its not like washington is the coyotes. i mean they are legit albeit not as strong as years past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad