Post-Game Talk (GBU): Washington Capitals at Buffalo Sabres 7PM 3/9/2020

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Skinner is well documented as being terrible in the shootout. Not that most of the guys who went instead were a lot better but somehow they got it done.
Fully understand his shootout woes, but it isn’t like Eichel is much better. A career 30% vs 17%.
I get not using him early but I’d rather see skinner before we get down to Vesey and MoJo. Give your most talented players a chance.

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019
Fully understand his shootout woes, but it isn’t like Eichel is much better. A career 30% vs 17%.
I get not using him early but I’d rather see skinner before we get down to Vesey and MoJo. Give your most talented players a chance.

I would guess it's Skinner who says he doesn't want to do shootouts, and not the coach. Remember, he didn't take a single shootout with Housley either.

Reactions: Reddawg

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Internet is out, phone data too slow so can't watch and just too lazy to walk the 3 blocks to a sports bar and have breakfast while watching

Saw the 3rd, OT and SO. Ullmark was very good tonight. The OT PP and shootout tells all about Krueger's fan boy club. Mojo is useless but it's obvious Krueger likes him. Vesey on the SO? I think it's a variation of the Sobotka thing.

Had to laugh, Ralph is drawing up the stick figures during the timeout. He's talking mainly to Olafsson. Jack is nearby shaking his head as if to communicate, yes, I hear you coach... and not giving 1 scant cent of attention to Ralph's coaching board.

Pretty certain Jack was on the ice for nearly the entire OT. Caps changed players in the 1st minute of OT like 3 times. Meanwhile Jack, Sam and Rasmus were left out there and getting gassed.

This one belongs to Linus, Kahun and Dahlin.

P.S. why was Ovechkin allowed to sit on top of the boards with his legs and stick hanging on the ice side near the end of OT? Ref's afraid to tell him to tuck it all in?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1