Washington Capitals are going to win a back to back President's Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Back to back President's Trophy wins means less than constantly losing in the second round of the playoffs.

More Sad Ovechkin gifs, please.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
No team is even 5 games into the season.

It's incredible how far into the future some fans seem to think they can see...

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Has their possession stats improved since last season?

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
The Pens already beat them once this year without Crosby.

Please, everyone who watched that game knows the Caps were the better team. Fleury stood on his head.

That being said, I really don't give a **** if the Caps win the PT. I'm not one of those guys that thinks it's meaningless, but I don't care about it either.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Please, everyone who watched that game knows the Caps were the better team. Fleury stood on his head.

That being said, I really don't give a **** if the Caps win the PT. I'm not one of those guys that thinks it's meaningless, but I don't care about it either.

And Holtby didn't play really well that game either? The only goals the Penguins scored were off a deflection on the PP and a semi-breakaway. There's no way, shape or form the Capitals dominated the Penguins, so the OP's entire premise is flawed.

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
And Holtby didn't play really well that game either? The only goals the Penguins scored were off a deflection on the PP and a semi-breakaway. There's no way, shape or form the Capitals dominated the Penguins, so the OP's entire premise is flawed.

I agree, I don't expect the Caps to win the PT, and I don't care if they do. But the Caps were the better team that game. The extent to which they were can be discussed at length, and I don't care to do so.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
As a Caps fan I hate that this was even posted.

Regular season doesn't matter for this team. Will they still be very good? Yes. Only thing that matters for this group is postseason and this is the last year they can still be together as Caps have a ton of possible free agents after this year due raises.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You seriously think Rangers are making the post season ?

If you asked if he seriously thinks the Rangers are a threat to the Caps, that's not a ridiculous question. There's no reason to think that the Rangers aren't playoff contenders. Most people, not even Rangers fans don't think that the Rangers are cup contenders. But this post is pretty ignorant, like thinking that the Rangers can make the postseason is ridiculous. The Rangers have one of the deeper forward corps in the league and Lundqvist is still an excellent goalie. Making the playoffs for a team like that won't be shocking.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
As a Devils fan it would be nice if the Rangers miss the Playoffs, but they can definitely be a wild card team for sure.

Beyond the Pens and Caps the Metro doesn't look like anything special this year. I think the Isles and Flyers will be the Rangers' competition for the 3rd spot and possibly for a wild card. I guess the Rangers can miss totally, but it was ignorant of him to make it sound like it'll be a shock if the Rangers make the playoffs. Sounds like someone who has no idea what's going on.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
As a Caps fan I hate that this was even posted.

Regular season doesn't matter for this team. Will they still be very good? Yes. Only thing that matters for this group is postseason and this is the last year they can still be together as Caps have a ton of possible free agents after this year due raises.

Eh, so they should barely squeak in then?

I like it when a team I root for plays well. Last season the Capitals won the Presidents trophy, and had the Vezina, Adams and Rocket winners. It was something to be proud of as a fan.

They lost game six in OT to the Cup winners. I'm not gonna hang my head in shame. Only one team gets to win it all.

I can separate an outstanding regular season from a disappointing post-season. As a Capitals fan that is all I will probably ever experience so I will enjoy it as long as it lasts.

If all there is "is the playoffs" then why not just check the standings every morning and skip watching the games until around April 11th?

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
I'd rather they win the presidents trophy anyway. 82 game sample size >>> tiny playoff sample size.

NHL should do playoffs beginning of year like world cup was then award stanley cup to team with best long season record like in futbol

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I'd rather they win the presidents trophy anyway. 82 game sample size >>> tiny playoff sample size.

NHL should do playoffs beginning of year like world cup was then award stanley cup to team with best long season record like in futbol

:laugh: I get it.

I love the playoffs, greatest thing in pro sports, but as a I said, only one team gets to win and I doubt it will ever be the Caps. So I will take what I can get as a fan.

If they have a good regular season I can acknowledge that and be happy, it is certainly better than the alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00