Washington Capitals 2015 playoff advitars (POLL ADDED!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
the 40 year old cup virgin theme = funny/ftw

those old timer cards are pretty slick though, i do like that. you guys decide either one will be good.

The Deadly Pook Gas

Feb 6, 2012
While there are some quotes that work really well, there isn't enough to get enough people individual 40 year old cup avatars, which would mean people doubling up or everyone settling on one and going with that for everyone. I personally like the idea of uniform avatars so that we all blend together in main board convos, others may not like doubling up or uniformity.

Well we don't have to use just quotes from the movie.

GZZp0NV.gif

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Retro card would be better, allows us a lot more individuality. Flip side could be a quote about said player, then the Playoffs slide?

Yeah 3 sided avatar. 1st side is player picture/front of card, then back of card has the 40th Anniversary Caps Logo (need that because of the 40th anniversary but to also make sense of the retro cards) and some stats/quotes about the player under it, and 3rd is the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

I got mine picked out, the ultimate performer in the shoot out, Jack Burton:

i6ig5y.jpg

Jack Burton Right Wing

Back of Card:

-Lighting quick reflexes
-Honorary member of Chang Sing
-Just wants his truck back

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Thoughts:

Maybe save some space by doing the following:
use this image as the base
40-Year-OldVirginMoviePoster.jpg

replace the 40 with the Caps 40th anniversary patch (remove from background and resize)
WashingtonCapitals_COM0101a_2015_SCC_SRGB.png

add the Stanley Cup before Virgin and "s" to the end

Then we can replace Steve Carell's head with a player head, and replace Steve Carell's name with the player name.

Potential second frame old-school hockey card of the player, then third frame Stanley Cup Playoffs logo. Pick your favorite player and good to go.

Doable?

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
I feel like we need a separate poll pitting

GZZp0NV.gif

against

vBH5bc2.gif

against the combo

Thoughts:

replace the 40 with the Caps 40th anniversary patch (remove from background and resize)

Then we can replace Steve Carell's head with a player head, and replace Steve Carell's name with the player name.

Potential second frame old-school hockey card of the player, then third frame Stanley Cup Playoffs logo. Pick your favorite player and good to go.

Doable?

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Thoughts:

Doable?

that's exactly what I asked for as well :naughty: I think it would be good

also replace 40 year -old to 40 year cup virgin in the steve carell pic

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Isn't combining both themes possible?

Yes and we've been kicking that around for a while. I think chibi spelled it out pretty good. It's up to the folks actually doing the work to go for it. I agree we don't need quotes. I like chibi's description.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Yes and we've been kicking that around for a while. I think chibi spelled it out pretty good. It's up to the folks actually doing the work to go for it. I agree we don't need quotes. I like chibi's description.

Right, saw his post after I posted.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Go with the Chibi combo idea,

page 1: simple 40 year old photoshop
page 2: Retro Card with same player/character
page 3: Stanley Cup Logo

Appears to be the best scenario, but whatever happens if someone can make me a retro card with Alzner and his handlebar mustache I would greatly appreciate it.

The Deadly Pook Gas

Feb 6, 2012
Thoughts:

replace the 40 with the Caps 40th anniversary patch (remove from background and resize) [IMG]

Doable?[/QUOTE]

I'll try

happycap

Apr 14, 2009
OK, looks like we have moved away from puppies. (Correct decision)
I just wanted to present my first and last attempt at a puppy avatar.

YwUotQ4.jpg

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Could flip it round - have Steve Carrel in the hockey card, flick to a cap player in the 40 yr old virgin dvd cover then to the 40 year logo or playoff logo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad