Washington Capitals 2015 playoff advitars (POLL ADDED!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Here's a rough idea/wip of my take on the 40 year old virgin theme. Its kinda hard to get everything to fit under 20KB

4SJcwAa.gif

I'll try to do a retro joel ward hockey card tomorrow to see how that looks.

Awesome! :handclap:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
That's pretty funny but like I said you may run into problems if there's any kind of actual sexual reference. The "bags of sand" thing was hilarious in the movie but we all know what it's about.

Try to keep it clean (pg-13) to avoid wasting your time.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
"I mean, seriously, Regular Season Eastern Conference Winner? You hung a Regular Season Eastern Conference Winner banner? How hard did the people at the banner store laugh when you brought this in? "

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
Get the scene with the Indian guy talking to Andy.

"It's okay that you never won the Cup, Ward. How old are you, 24,25?"

"34"

"Holy crap man you got to get on that"

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Do I still have enough time to sign up for a class at my local community college to learn how to photo shop and make these .gifs? :cry:

now that's taking one for the team

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Seed planting/getting in/ let the seed grow then win the cup

You're putting the cup on a pedestal.

We're gonna need more wax! for an Alzner or Holtby

There's something wrong with his face shield. Yeah, it's not eating punches from my fist. (Wilson)

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
We're gonna need more wax! for an Alzner or Holtby

Hilarious. I want an Alzner one for that. :laugh:

Get a picture of that equipment guy that is always on the bench to say "We're gonna need more wax!"

Sorry, he isn't an equipment guy, he is the head trainer. Silly me. Here are some pictures of Greg Smith that could be used for "We're gonna need more wax!"

a0glj8.jpg

t9e5xv.jpg

Last edited:

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
Perfect one for Backstrom

The scene with Andy and Jay at the bar

"You have to use your peripherals!"

"You see by that post? It looks like a ficus. It might be a rubber tree plant"

The Deadly Pook Gas

Feb 6, 2012
So here's an example of the retro hockey cards:
vBH5bc2.gif

I had planned on making it animated and flipping to the back of the card but I'm just not sure what to put on there.

Have we come to a consensus yet? 40 year of virgin theme?

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
vBH5bc2.gif

I had planned on making it animated and flipping to the back of the card but I'm just not sure what to put on there.

That is excellent. I need me an Alzner one of those with his handle bar mustache. Hilarious. And if it isn't used in a playoff avatar I'd use it for my regular avatar. :laugh:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I prefer the retro cards, honestly. That Ward one is awesome.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Here's a rough idea/wip of my take on the 40 year old virgin theme. Its kinda hard to get everything to fit under 20KB

4SJcwAa.gif

I'll try to do a retro joel ward hockey card tomorrow to see how that looks.

This is awesome, but one suggested change is the person giving advice should be a Cup winner, e.g. Orpik.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
This is awesome, but one suggested change is the person giving advice should be a Cup winner, e.g. Orpik.

That would defeat the point, though. The joke in this case depends on Ovi not really knowing what it feels like, per the gag in the movie.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
vBH5bc2.gif

If they decide to go this way, the back could be the Caps 40th Anniversary Image.

Or mirror image the outline, instead of Capitals place a 40th Anniversary thing.

Place Joel Ward's Corsi Stats instead of boilerplate stats where stats would go on a card, but use 1974-75 as the season.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
While there are some quotes that work really well, there isn't enough to get enough people individual 40 year old cup avatars, which would mean people doubling up or everyone settling on one and going with that for everyone. I personally like the idea of uniform avatars so that we all blend together in main board convos, others may not like doubling up or uniformity.

The retro allows for people to have any player current or historical. Heck you could even make 70s pop culture people into hockey cards, or players from other teams.

For instance I would want a Hunter Thompson card:
hunter-s-thompson.jpg

Make up whatever stats you like.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad