Washington Capitals 2015 playoff advitars (POLL ADDED!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
Appears to be the best scenario, but whatever happens if someone can make me a retro card with Alzner and his handlebar mustache I would greatly appreciate it.

Here you go.

4858-210Fr.jpg

The Deadly Pook Gas

Feb 6, 2012
So this is the first frame of what I got right now:
PQLjEaW.gif

I can't fit everything in such a small space while having the image actually understandable so I had to cut some corners like not having the players name. Maybe someone better at image editing can take a try.

I'll try to finish it hopefully soon.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
So this is the first frame of what I got right now:
PQLjEaW.gif

I can't fit everything in such a small space while having the image actually understandable so I had to cut some corners like not having the players name. Maybe someone better at image editing can take a try.

I'll try to finish it hopefully soon.

I'll see if I can dig up an expert.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Heres my best try at the combo one
LnbxPHf.gif

Pretty cool. The only thing I'm getting stuck on is "40 year old". It almost makes it sound like the player is 40 years old, which would be confusing especially if he's an adult in a hockey card from 40 years ago.

Maybe "40 Year Stanley Cup Virgins" might focus it more on the team.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Another possibility is add a 4th panel with just the 40 year anniversary logo so the reference is more clear, maybe in between the movie pic and the old tyme card.

edit: actually, I'm pretty convinced this is the missing element. May not even have to change anything else.

The Deadly Pook Gas

Feb 6, 2012
Another possibility is add a 4th panel with just the 40 year anniversary logo so the reference is more clear, maybe in between the movie pic and the old tyme card.

edit: actually, I'm pretty convinced this is the missing element. May not even have to change anything else.

Like this?
D4MpmwD.gif

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Our theme is 40 years. 40 yr virgin, 40 year old hockey cards, a mix of the 2, or something original.

Just an idea..... and I know it likely will be shot down but using a static 3rd frame on EVERY gif... seems a waste of file size and gets downright redundant. I think a few gifs that don't show the cup may be a nice change up and allow for more text, or.... instead of the cup as the 3rd frame, do something funny and original. Sarge's White house head popping out of the cup.

Having every single gif have the exact same final frame... do you even look at it after a few hundred views? Keep the gifs fresh. If someone can find that gif how to post from a few playoffs ago that may be a help to us non Frank Giffers.

I'M SHY!!!
for sho
nine dollar beer night
Six Million Dollar Man / Ocsar Goldman
Einstein rode a bike!
Stop smiling
Dude. Teach me!

Last edited:

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
I'm not a big fan of mixing the themes.

I think both our very good but I like the 40 year old one better.

I think we should stick to just one

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
So should we close this thread and open a new one with a poll between those three options?

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Combo looks great to me, Pook.

Maybe have OVI as the Steve Carrell character in everyone, then change the retro-cards to the player we want?

Then it would fit the 3 highest poll options too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad