Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC

bryan-cranston-the-f-word.gif

Reactions: Midnight Judges

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Not only is this team bad, they're soft as butter and get bullied night in and night out. What is Hathaway even good for if he isn't sticking up for teammates? Need to fire the entire coaching staff because the players straight up couldn't give any less f***s and it doesn't look like the coaches do either.

Reactions: Misery74

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006

Another night of no positive offensive contributors. Hmm hmm hmm.

Hmm hmm hmm.

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Another night of no positive offensive contributors. Hmm hmm hmm.

Hmm hmm hmm.

Didn't see the game because I'm not a vampyre.

Oshie is a savvy veteran, he knows the implication of what he said about working hard for the sake of a system or positioning.

When Osh-babe is low-key slagging you in the press, you may REALLY be on the hot seat as a coach.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
This team is not good. Fire Lavi. Would it even make a difference?
If they hired somebody to go the Brucy method and try to run and gun instead of strict structure there might be some immediate fun injected into the team. Sustainability though with an old group might not be realistic playing that way though.

Didn't see the game because I'm not a vampyre.

Oshie is a savvy veteran, he knows the implication of what he said about working hard for the sake of a system or positioning.

When Osh-babe is low-key slagging you in the press, you may REALLY be on the hot seat as a coach.
He absolutely knew what he was saying.

Reactions: Fred22406Capsfan

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
If they hired somebody to go the Brucy method and try to run and gun instead of strict structure there might be some immediate fun injected into the team. Sustainability though with an old group might not be realistic playing that way though.

He absolutely knew what he was saying.
After the Seattle loss Lavi just said - we need to play harder and win more board battles.

Nothing about generating more offense 5v5. Just same old go to, trying to make the team play “harder”.

I like that Oshie said that. I think they are overcoached at this point, and have to think too much about the system, and can’t even make pre-possession reads.

I’m sure Lavi will get time because of injuries. But that grace period should end once Wilson returns; can’t wait for Backstrom.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
After the Seattle loss Lavi just said - we need to play harder and win more board battles.

Nothing about generating more offense 5v5. Just same old go to, trying to make the team play “harder”.

I like that Oshie said that. I think they are overcoached at this point, and have to think too much about the system, and can’t even make pre-possession reads.

I’m sure Lavi will get time because of injuries. But that grace period should end once Wilson returns; can’t wait for Backstrom.
I never take or expect much from a Lavi interview…..dude comes off with a similar demeanor as Bill Belichick…..”uh….we just need to play better“…..

Reactions: Fred22406Capsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad