Post-Game Talk: Washington are pretty sweet vs at least they fired their coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 15, 2007
You know, if Carlson misses the rest of the year because he played through an injury for some meaningless regular season games that we would have won anyway, I'll be pretty livid.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
You know, if Carlson misses the rest of the year because he played through an injury for some meaningless regular season games that we would have won anyway, I'll be pretty livid.

and if the choice is that he plays like he is or has surgery and is out for the season and playoffs. which would you choose? try and play or give up?

its hard to know why they did what they did. I would guess that playing in February instead of April and May was not the choice they were given.

He's been back for 30 days. I am just going to guess that a surgery would take him out for more than 4 to 6 weeks. lets see. we never have enough injury information to judge on these things. If he has a hip thing like Backstrom, Backstrom played thru it. How long was his recovery after surgery?

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
So many tiny bones in the foot that you can break. They give you a boot and tell you not to run or walk on it, but hockey is fine because the boot elevates it and thereby relieves pressure, so you can't really make it worse. But it may be a bone you need to push off and it may not be able to get better without surgery.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
He played a forward several years in childhood until 15. Later he periodically played a center in the KHL for Novokuznetsk. He still has been learning defensive facets of the game.

It's obvious, you can tell how much he likes joining the rush. The only thing he needs to improve to be a perfect offensive defenseman is decision making. He needs to choose carefully when he joins the attack, because it can lead to goals against.

and if the choice is that he plays like he is or has surgery and is out for the season and playoffs. which would you choose? try and play or give up?

its hard to know why they did what they did. I would guess that playing in February instead of April and May was not the choice they were given.

He's been back for 30 days. I am just going to guess that a surgery would take him out for more than 4 to 6 weeks. lets see. we never have enough injury information to judge on these things. If he has a hip thing like Backstrom, Backstrom played thru it. How long was his recovery after surgery?

We have no idea what's going on with Carlson's foot. We have a good medical staff, I'm sure they'll handle this situation appropriately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad