Washed-up Veterans who played for Edmonton

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
As for coaches it's been something of an NHL departures lounge.

Remember Pat Quinn?
Should be Hitch's last stop.
TMac might be washed up now too.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
As for coaches it's been something of an NHL departures lounge.

Remember Pat Quinn?
Should be Hitch's last stop.
TMac might be washed up now too.

TMac I could see getting a chance somewhere else, but I'd be surprised if we ever see Renny (cushy job with Hockey Canada now), Krueger (ditto, but with Southhampton of EPL), Eakins, or Nelson behind an NHL bench again.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Lots of names popping up wouldn't be viewed as washed up in my opinion. Washed up in sports implies to me an NHLer who was very effective and successful (i.e. long career in the top 6 forwards or top 4 defense) who was no longer effective or successful.

Fayne, Hordichuk, Fraser, Gustavsson, LaBarbara, Scrivens, Pardy, and so on were replacement level to journeymen at best, but never effective and successful NHLers over a long career.

Reactions: NeverForget06

trent_vinyl

Jul 5, 2005
Definite ones:

- Colin Fraser

- Eric Belanger

- Geoff Sanderson

- Cam Barker

- Jonas Gustavsson (sp)

- Jason LaBarbara

Not sure if these count, but...

- Jason Strudwick (great locker room guy, but on the ice...)

- Gilbert Brule

- Mark Fraser

- Ben Scrivens

- Adam Pardy

- Aaron Johnson

Near misses...

- Michael Nylander
Some of these guys weren't "washed-up veterans", making their last rounds. Some were just bad, and never really made a first round

Reactions: NeverForget06

trent_vinyl

Jul 5, 2005
Was here to post that. He was here twice. The first time was when everyone thought he was past his prime and inconsistent, and then again for a few games several years later (WTF?).
First time here was a genius move by Sather. Nilsson was great and totally clicked with Mess and Anderson. Didn't even remember him coming back a 2nd time (almost 10 yers later)

Reactions: RegDunlop

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Norm Ullman was at the tail end of his career during the 1975-76 and 76-77 seasons but he did put up 87 and 43 points.

Glen Sather could be considered, as he played his last season for the Oil in 1976-77.

Wayne Connelly in 76-77. Juha Widing and Ab DeMarco in 77-78. Garnet "Ace" Bailey and Jim Neilson in 78-79.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad