Washed-up Veterans who played for Edmonton

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
None of these players were washed up vets when the Oilers acquired them.

Peca was on the downside of his career but far from washed up.

Most of those players washed up while being Oilers or right afterwords. They never recovered from the damage they incurred here.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
He had some good moments early in his return season, but yes... He definitely wasn't the same impact player we traded away to the Islanders.

Watching him try to score that one last PP goal forever was as painful as watching Lucic trying to score now.

Reactions: dsi

blue_n_copper

Nov 30, 2006
Kurtis Foster. He was a decent offensive blueliner who signed with us in 2010 two years after suffering a horrific broken femur when he was with the Ducks. He played 74 games for us that year and was slower than molasses in January. He never played anything close to a full season in the NHL again.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Kurtis Foster. He was a decent offensive blueliner who signed with us in 2010 two years after suffering a horrific broken femur when he was with the Ducks. He played 74 games for us that year and was slower than molasses in January. He never played anything close to a full season in the NHL again.

Forgot about him. Weren't he and Hall going to be the magical formula to fix our powerplay?

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I couldn't agree with Sykora.

He still chipped in 53 points despite being on a pretty terrible club.

Yeah I think there’s a pretty good list of players who washed out as Oilers or immediately afterward, like Purcell.

Sykora was a slight disappointment mostly because he went on to have to better year after leaving the Oil.

Reactions: RegDunlop

dsi

Sep 13, 2005
Ottawa
Don't remember if Sergei Samsonov was any good with us.

Had some good chemistry with Horcoff down the stretch and had some memorable good moments during their playoff run. Such as the pass to Hemsky late in Game 6 against Detroit, and the dramatic goal against SJ in Game 3 that tied up the game and turned the series around.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

trent_vinyl

Jul 5, 2005
Weir still had several seasons with the Oil. More like getting someone in the middle of their career.
I agree. Was about to write the same thing. Joined the last WHA season and had 61pts in 68 games. First NHL year, had 66pts in 79 games (33 goals). I'd say hardly washed up.

Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad