Confirmed Signing with Link: [WAS] Tom Wilson, re-signs with Caps (2 years, $2.000M AAV)

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Wilson plays like he's a turd. That is all.

The kind of guy who will not only hurt other players but hurt his own team.

Smarten up Tom. You could be a good player if you focused on playing the game instead of being a turd.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
In todays game, he most certainly is. He doesn't score much or assist much. All he does is hit, sometimes dirty, and fight. Thats todays enforcer !

i recognize why their are Tom Wilson haters, but with that Wilson is far more than hitter plug.

He will work his way up the lineup. He plays a quality role on the penalty kill which is pretty rare for a 4th line plug/fighter. It requires actual hockey IQ to penalty kill. He'd have pp time if the Caps didnt have Oshie and Williams ahead of him.

Hit hits a lot. Like many impact players that are not just plugs. As mentioned he had 23 points and improves every season.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Not even close.

Caps fans do get a laugh out of all the hate though.

For Caps fans its an almost exact repeat of what non Caps fans used to say about Ovechkin. People said all the same stuff about how he hits. That he would get his one day. That he would ruin his career by getting injured. That he was dirty. Dirty DIRTY I HATE THAT GUY. Why doesnt somebody cut his balls off?

Same stuff without the 50 goals to make the hate worse.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
For Caps fans its an almost exact repeat of what non Caps fans used to say about Ovechkin. People said all the same stuff about how he hits. That he would get his one day. That he would ruin his career by getting injured. That he was dirty. Dirty DIRTY I HATE THAT GUY. Why doesnt somebody cut his balls off?

Same stuff without the 50 goals to make the hate worse.

they also used to say about Ovechkin that he'll get a lot of Cups...

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Thanks guys, that is great news. He can really change a game with one hit, hate to see the Caps lose him. When it comes playoff time you really need a guy like him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcZy81gj3mI

Asked and received.

Wilson may not always appear on the score sheet but there should be little question he impacts the game. And anyone who thinks the Caps don't need a Tom Wilson needs to re-watch the Flyers series. If it wasn't Wilson taking those hits from Simmonds and Manning who would it have been? Ovi, Backstrom, Burakovsky, Kuznetsov? Having Wilson draws the attention of the other teams agitators and gets good players off their game and he plays the role to a tee. One of the reasons he was less effective against the Penguins is because they don't have that guy and after the Sheary and Maata incidents, the Caps were effectively neutered from even the appearance of impropriety and Wilson (and the rest of the Caps) had to take it down a notch. We have lots of playmakers and goalscorers but remove Wilson from the lineup and it's a group of skilled Euros and the Caps aren't good enough to be the old Red Wings so that formula isn't going to work.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
they also used to say about Ovechkin that he'll get a lot of Cups...

your funny. ha. i dont recall anyone saying that. he plays for the capitals who have a playoff reputation other than winning them.

but yea, i bet that felt good to type in. eh?

btw...this is as close as the caps have gotten to the conference finals in a long time. the play is set up by tom wilson.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad