Proposal: WAS-PHI

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I am confused.

Burakovsky is not better than Giroux or JVR at LW.
This year he has 6 points in 24 games. Lindblom has 11 points in 24 games.
So for 3 million, he is producing less than the sub 1 million Lindblom.
Seems like that is a waste of money and just clutters things for Lindblom.

I would rather just trade Simmonds for picks at this point....or at the very least, a RW replacement coming back in a deal, not a LW.
Burakovsky plays both wings, and has been better at RW than LW.

Also comparing him to an ELC is pretty flawed.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
I just think Philly can do better here with better value assets.
I think the times running out on that and if you look at the teams that would want Simmonds and have a clear spot for him in their lineup I’m not sure you’re going to find a better offer.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Burakovsky plays both wings, and has been better at RW than LW.

Also comparing him to an ELC is pretty flawed.
Better at RW.....ok.

He is still on pace for 21 points this year, needs a QO of 3.25 million next season, and is producing less than Dale Weise who is 10th in forwards in points for Philly.

Simmonds as a rental actually has value, even if he has lost a step. He is still on a 30 goal pace...24 pace at ES. He would fetch more than a 3rd liner and a 3rd, imo.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
we are only 10 pts any from #1 thats only 5 game needed if everyone else ***ts the bed
This is how I wish all GMs approached all trade negotiations. “We don’t need to evaluate OUR team because all the other teams are so inept we’ll surely pick up 100% of the possible remaining points. We are so smart.”

Kolzilla

May 20, 2015
I am confused.

Burakovsky is not better than Giroux or JVR at LW.
This year he has 6 points in 24 games. Lindblom has 11 points in 24 games.
So for 3 million, he is producing less than the sub 1 million Lindblom.
Seems like that is a waste of money and just clutters things for Lindblom.

I would rather just trade Simmonds for picks at this point....or at the very least, a RW replacement coming back in a deal, not a LW.
He plays both wings...in fact Japers rink linked to a good article a few days ago demonstrating Burt is more effective on the right side of the ice.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Damn Simmonds and Wilson on the same team will be something else to watch

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Simmonds ain’t so feisty any more. He got old in a hurry, like a lot of tough guys.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Sounds pretty interesting in principle for the Caps, though I haven't noticed/paid attention to Simmonds lately.

If I'm Philly, I'd definitely choose a 1st over Bura, if I can get that.

On the other hand I also don't think the Caps really need to move Bura. He's part of a pretty good playoff 3rd line, not a liability; and as an RFA, they can get maybe a 2nd/3rd for him in the summer. Well liked by teammates, too. It's absolutely a good outcome for the Caps to keep Bura until the summer, IMO.

Reactions: Roshi

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
I like Simmonds and if he is to be had for the price of Burakovsky ill do it, but like others have said i dont see Caps really as an ideal fit for Simmonds today.

For Philly im not sure which one i would favour, late first or nhl proven guy whos struggling but does have good upside. Tough call there.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
He'll still return a 1st round pick
Just genuinely curious, what team in current playoff position do you see offering their 1st for Simmonds. I’m not disagreeing with you, in fact, I probably agree and wouldnt fret if the Caps traded their 1st for Simmonds. I just don’t see too many teams looking for the things Simmonds brings at rental costs, at his age, with his current production. Okay I just talked myself out of this, I’m no longer interested in Simmonds.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
I personally have absolutely no interest in Burakovski. I'm up to trading Simmonds but why for Bura??? He's soft, doesn't drive play, just feeds off others and isn't good enough to play in the top 6 at even strength. We just signed a better version of him in JVR.

So he can say both wings, big deal. He's not better than G nor JVR so at best on lw he bumps Lindblom down to 4th line. At rw he's not better than Voracek not Konecny so he's at best a 3rd line player for us. Can you imagine a line of him and JVR on the 3rd line that both players basically leach off of others playing with a non existent 3rd line center??? Talk about disaster??? I want to i parts of him. Give me a first ppl plus for Simmonds and we'll talk. Don't try and sell me on a player that will never be top 6 potential

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Just genuinely curious, what team in current playoff position do you see offering their 1st for Simmonds. I’m not disagreeing with you, in fact, I probably agree and wouldnt fret if the Caps traded their 1st for Simmonds. I just don’t see too many teams looking for the things Simmonds brings at rental costs, at his age, with his current production. Okay I just talked myself out of this, I’m no longer interested in Simmonds.

Could be anyone man -- Simmonds appeals to all.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00