Was last nights disallowed goal retribution for this Matthews goal that was waived off?

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Both calls were, completely independently of each other, correct.

Ron Ellis was called for a slash against John Ferguson of Montreal on December 17, 1965. Was the slashing penalty call on Drouin against Sandin on Saturday retaliation for that?

Makes about as much sense.

Reactions: LeafsRus

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Coincidence. Weird fact. Interesting tidbit.

All good descriptors.

Retribution is just too tin foil hat conspiracy nonsense for me. Coincidence is way more credible.

It’s actually impressive you remembered that earlier play.

Excellent passion there.
Like I said before I have a memory of things like that. Plus it was easy to find the video on YouTube.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Last night during the review in overtime I was thinking to myself about this Auston Matthews goal that was eventually disallowed against the Coyotes because of a coaches challenge during the 2017-2018 season.

So when the Coyotes game winning goal was disallowed did anyone think that retribution when they challenged that Auston Matthews goal?

Whut? Life is not a movie script, independent actions are judged on their merit.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Impressive.

I can get up from the couch, walk into another room and in the 10 seconds it took me to get there... forget what the hell I got up for in the first place.

It's a coping skill us Leaf fans have evolved over the years to forget painful Leaf related memories....

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
weirdalfoil_2322.jpg
WeirdAlYankovic

Reactions: LeafsRus

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
The calls had no correlation to each other.

The goal was called off on Tuesday because it was blatant goaltender interference, that checked every single box possible.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Because it just so happened that it was against the Coyotes where Matthews had a goal disallowed on a questionable goalie interference call, where as last night against the same team the opposite happens and it was much more clearly interference against Jack Campbell.

Orchestrated by who? How did they plan and execute this? :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad