GDT: WARNING: PHILADELPHIA (7PM)

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
My wife worked at Monk's when we first met (a good 14 years ago)! Last time we checked, it was still legit. Though the one time I tried their mussels, which is supposed to be their thing, I was not all that impressed.

(But... as someone else mentioned, Philly does have excellent food and beer scenes these days. They just don't have a playoff-bound hockey team at the moment.)
Yeah, I don't go there to eat so have no idea. I'm sure their food/beer scene is cool, I'm there at least once per year, I'm just spoiled because I'm taking care of mom more often now and she lives just outside Asheville and I visit friends who live in Gent and Antwerp once per year. Hard to beat.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
I am convinced every cup winning team needs a Dylan type. A big puck eater that can knock forwards down and wont easily break in half. Of note, it seems our 2 smallest defensemen are out injured. AA can fill that void some...

I really think knocking an opponent to the ice is an underated skill that basically creates turnovers odd mans spurs break outs and should be a highly coveted advanced stat... only hitting is all but gone from the game at this point. Damn hard to score dazed sitting on your ass.

Willy ran someone over by the boards ONCE yesterday. Guess what, We got a 2 on 1 from it and IIRC & one of the very few all game.
Fully agree. DMac and AA are two big strong dudes and sufficiently skilled to play large minutes. AA even has some sneaky IQ/mitts going on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad