GDT: WARNING: PHILADELPHIA (7PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
It'd almost be a good thing for Detroit to go up big early against Montreal because that could cause the Flyers and their fans to lose interest, since a DET win eliminates PHI no matter what.

Interesting night!

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Do it for Lloyd. Tex would be eating this up.

1713295626098.jpeg

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
The coach had put together the perfect team for the Philadelphia Eagles. The only thing that was missing was a good quarterback. He had scouted all the colleges and even the Canadian and European Leagues, but he couldn't find a ringer who could ensure a Super Bowl win.

Then one night while watching CNN he saw a warzone scene in Afghanistan . In one corner of the background, he spotted a young Afghan soldier with a truly incredible arm. He threw a hand-grenade straight into a 15th story window 100 yards away.

KABOOM!

He threw another hand-grenade 75 yards away, right into a chimney.

KA-BLOOEY!

Then he threw another at a passing car going 90 mph.

BULLS-EYE!

"I've got to get this guy!" Coach said to himself. "He has the perfect arm!"

So, he tracks down the young soldier, brings him to the States, and teaches him the great game of football. And the Eagles go on to win the Super Bowl!

The young Afghan is hailed as the Super Bowl MVP, and when the coach asks him what he wants, all the young man wants is to call his mother.

"Mom," he says into the phone, "I just won the Super Bowl!"

"I don't want to talk to you!” the old Afghan woman says. "You are not my son!"

"I don't think you understand, Mother," the young man pleads. "I've won the greatest sporting event in the world. I'm here among thousands of my adoring fans."

"No! Let me tell you!" his mother retorts. "At this very moment, there are gunshots all around us. The neighborhood is a pile of rubble. Your two brothers were beaten within an inch of their lives last week, and I have to keep your sister in the house so she doesn't get raped!" The old lady pauses, and then tearfully says,

"I will never forgive you for making us move to Philadelphia!!!!"

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
I’ll be honest, if we make the playoffs I think we get stomped out round one. That being said, let’s dig deep and get in tonight. I’d much rather get in and lose than just miss and get a very similar pick. Potential good experience for the kids.

CapsSkins

Jan 23, 2017
Had a huge backfire just happen to me

Our baby isnt feeling to good, not pooping and in discomfort. I call the Ped office, select 2 as non emergency appointment need .. and they offered us a 7:20 pm visit .. tonight.

Pretty sure the wife will offer to take him and let me stay home .. its not a big emergency

But who the hell has 7 pm non-emergency doctor appointments??!!? I thought for sure it would be a daytime appointment later in the week.

No offense, but I'd rather your baby shit the bed tonight than the Caps. ;)

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
The interesting scenario with the Flyers possibly pulling the goalie in a tied game is that in that case Washington probably ought to be aggressive in going for an ENG as well. Otherwise they risk going to an OT/SO, which they would need to win unless both Detroit and Pittsburgh lose. And with Pittsburgh not playing until tomorrow night against an Islanders team likely resting players I'm not banking on both PIT and DET losing.
Yeah, you have to try to end it right there if they pull the goalie.

Reactions: twabby

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden

Our baby isnt feeling to good, not pooping and in discomfort. I call the Ped office, select 2 as non emergency appointment need .. and they offered us a 7:20 pm visit .. tonight.

Pretty sure the wife will offer to take him and let me stay home .. its not a big emergency

But who the hell has 7 pm non-emergency doctor appointments??!!? I thought for sure it would be a daytime appointment later in the week.

Hope the kid is ok, one can understand some constipation on a night like this!

(Seriously thought, best wishes).

• Haha
Reactions: kicksavedave

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
on one hand, i'd like us to advance, but on the other hand, i don't because we'll likely lose to rags in the first round about 95% of the time. and it's not just about losing itself (who cares its only hockey lol), but specifically losing to laviolette, who is a coaching dinosaur and will win not because of some magical coaching skills, but simply because he has a much better and deeper team and the only thing he has to do is not mess it up

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
on one hand, i'd like us to advance, but on the other hand, i don't because we'll likely lose to rags in the first round about 95% of the time. and it's not just about losing itself (who cares its only hockey lol), but specifically losing to laviolette, who is a coaching dinosaur and will win not because of some magical coaching skills, but simply because he has a much better and deeper team
Laviolette is great at what he does, which is boost a team in the short term... just as he's done with NYR. He wasn't able to get the same traction here because of Covid. Huge lost opportunity IMO.

legionista

Jan 17, 2013
Maryland/Brooklyn

Nothing will get the bowels moving like watching Caps fighting for their lives against the Flyers :)

Hope your baby feels better!

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

WcRoenick97

Apr 6, 2008
D.C.
I'm really happy we are on the road for this one. Channel that 2018 playoff road warrior energy!

The youngersters should play a little more free without the stress of being in front of the home crowd in case things don't go our way early on. LET'S GO CAPS!

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
Reading through this thread while waiting for my sons middle school baseball game to start they're playing pump up son after pump up song and I'm ampped to watch the Caps. Which is going to have to wait until after I get home.....ugh

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
I have a bad feeling. Every time they’ve been expected to show up in a big game this year they lay an egg. Please be different tonight.

Except for last night?

Altho while watching it, not to take anything away from the team, Boston didn’t seem to have…it.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Tonight is the night if I continue to put up with horrible Expedia and Burger King adds until October. I'm willing to endure for extra Caps games!

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
It'd almost be a good thing for Detroit to go up big early against Montreal because that could cause the Flyers and their fans to lose interest, since a DET win eliminates PHI no matter what.

Interesting night!

I prefer the Caps go up big early, lock it down so we don't have to worry about the final minutes.

all comes down to this

This is much better scenario than last season.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Win this one for Holts: Ray Emery may be dead, but Nov 1, 2013 was a horrible example of Flyers hockey.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Tonight is the night if I continue to put up with horrible Expedia and Burger King adds until October. I'm willing to endure for extra Caps games!

lol. Only ads worse than Burger King ones are anything put out by monumental, and that goes back into the csnwash days. They’re terribad, run just about every break when I’m trying to watch the junkies. My hand cannot hit the mute button fast enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad