TSN: [WARNE] Turns out the Sens didn't really need something as drastic and wild as a Hamburglar run in the past month

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Yeah we sucked in March

The complete lack of defensive structure bites us in the ass

People can blame goalies all they want, we played like crap for half the month
Playing without Norris & Formenton all year, reasonably long stretches without Zub and Chabot, and finally playing the most important stretch with our 5th and 6th string goalies are what did us in.

Admittedly not having an NHL coach didn't help.

This team, especially now with Chychrun, is constructed well enough to be a playoff team in the toughest division in Hockey.

Next year we are going in with a burgeoning Superstar Top Centre and great centre depth in Norris and Pinto, a premier Power Forward and and great top six supporting cast. Our D looks really good with 3 potencial 1D's.

If we can find something resembling NHL goaltending and a bit of forward depth - this could be a very good team.

In this context, I can't feel bad about this year.

Reactions: Que

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Playing without Norris & Formenton all year, reasonably long stretches without Zub and Chabot, and finally playing the most important stretch with our 5th and 6th string goalies are what did us in.

Admittedly not having an NHL coach didn't help.

This team, especially now with Chychrun, is constructed well enough to be a playoff team in the toughest division in Hockey.

Next year we are going in with a burgeoning Superstar Top Centre and great centre depth in Norris and Pinto, a premier Power Forward and and great top six supporting cast. Our D looks really good with 3 potencial 1D's.

If we can find something resembling NHL goaltending and a bit of forward depth - this could be a very good team.

In this context, I can't feel bad about this year.

I think we greatly exceeded expectations this season but injuries did us in. That is not to say depth and roster construction weren’t factors but I don’t believe they were the main factors.

We are in large part a young team that needs to mature - which is why we traded for Cam Talbot and that just went sideways. And then it all started to go sideways piece by piece.

Next season looks great on paper. And it could even get better. A small raise in the salary cap, Matt Murray may get bought out saving us 1.3 million next season, the draft lottery…

Reactions: aragorn

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I think we greatly exceeded expectations this season but injuries did us in. That is not to say depth and roster construction weren’t factors but I don’t believe they were the main factors.

We are in large part a young team that needs to mature - which is why we traded for Cam Talbot and that just went sideways. And then it all started to go sideways piece by piece.

Next season looks great on paper. And it could even get better. A small raise in the salary cap, Matt Murray may get bought out saving us 1.3 million next season, the draft lottery…
No, if Murray gets bought out Sens get nailed with 25% of buyout.

So next year costs 230k on the cap and year after 667k against the cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad