TSN: [WARNE] Turns out the Sens didn't really need something as drastic and wild as a Hamburglar run in the past month

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
tied in points, but sitting outside of WC spot, with less Regulation Wins, in this fictitious scenario

A8791A14-6AAC-404B-98D9-CA0DB7E8DC7C.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BoardsofCanada

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Yeah we sucked in March

The complete lack of defensive structure bites us in the ass

People can blame goalies all they want, we played like crap for half the month

Reactions: RyCam and Dionysus

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
You know, if we had just won [insert any 3 losses this year] we would be in a playoff spot today.

No, tied in points, but not enough RW, to have the tiebreaker. Would be in 9th, but 6 more points, at any point over the season would have been nice, but not as easy as some people are making it out to be.

Union2017

Welcome to Ottawa, Michael Andlauer.
Feb 23, 2018
Ottawa
It's a learning process. Hopefully they understand now how much it hurts later on if you're not playing well in October and November. Every game counts.

Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yeah we sucked in March

The complete lack of defensive structure bites us in the ass

People can blame goalies all they want, we played like crap for half the month

It's been the problem for years. We can add as much talent as we want but we will not optimize it as long as the vision/direction doesn't change. We just don't play the right way. The guy in my avatar is not the guy(s) needed

I completely gave up after the Chicago game. We were cruising with 5 convincing wins in a row and then bam, lose 5-0 to one of the worst teams. You knew they were cooked

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yeah turned out to not be too tall of an order at all. Get two extra wins on that road trip and we are right there and playing Florida tonight.

These players will definitely feel the sting all offseason. Well I hope they do.

And that shite Colorado game. Even the Carolina game lol. Man March was doable.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
It's been the problem for years. We can add as much talent as we want but we will not optimize it as long as the vision/direction doesn't change. We just don't play the right way. The guy in my avatar is not the guy(s) needed

I completely gave up after the Chicago game. We were cruising with 5 convincing wins in a row and then bam, lose 5-0 to one of the worst teams. You knew they were cooked
Yeah what I find frustrating is how long it takes DJ to figure out his lineup, I know injuries play a factor but he takes months to find what works best

That’s a big reason we always suck in November, like the Tkachuk Stützle Giroux line who was dynamite for us wasn’t even tried until that garbage November kicked us down to a bottom feeder. The power play was a mess to start the year too, always being changed up until they found a unit that clicked

Dorion trades for Chychrun and they tried 15 different d pairs in 3 weeks.

It’s nuts and significant contributes to losses and confusion on the ice. You spend a month or two to find which lines and pairing are best, you don’t make the playoffs

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yeah what I find frustrating is how long it takes DJ to figure out his lineup, I know injuries play a factor but he takes months to find what works best

That’s a big reason we always suck in November, like the Tkachuk Stützle Giroux line who was dynamite for us wasn’t even tried until that garbage November kicked us down to a bottom feeder. The power play was a mess to start the year too, always being changed up until they found a unit that clicked

Dorion trades for Chychrun and they tried 15 different d pairs in 3 weeks.

It’s nuts and significant contributes to losses and confusion on the ice. You spend a month or two to find which lines and pairing are best, you don’t make the playoffs

Pro scouting evaluation seems to be the recurring and main problem, well maybe outside of coaching. DJ seems like a nice guy full of good intentions and the guys WANT to play for him, but he should be an assistant coach, not a head coach. Almost makes me wish we had a Julien/DJ Smith combo

Regarding pro scouting, we very often choose to replace guys by worse players. Look at Gustavsson. I understand the need to have a more proven goalie but it backfired completely. Paul or Joseph? Joseph is a better skater but doesn't nearly have Paul's impact. Our talent evaluation doesn't seem very complex, it's like they choose a player because of size or skating but don't look their game in all its complexity

And dating back from that 2020-21 season (the year we should have started to be competitive and not eliminated after 20 games), the roster choices they made still gives me nightmares (caricatural). All these Josh Browns, Gudbransons, Stepans, Reillys, Anisimovs, Tierneys, Dadonovs, Galchenyuks, Coburns, Zaitsevs, Paquettes... It's not a big deal (before someone mentions it) but why were guys like Wolanin and Balcers not given a bigger chance? Considering all these below to way below average players in the lineup?

One last "tank season" could have been accepted but we picked Tyler Boucher with a 10th OA pick..........

I know some choose to find solace in the "hot summer of Pierre" but seriously, all we did is waste time of possible contention (because we're not there yet and contract years are passing) and diminish the whole organization's wealth (poor asset management, pro scouting and then drafting)

That's stuff that everyone will eventually figure out once they pass the denial phase. DJ Dorion's incompetence impacted the quality of the rebuild, or at the very least the length of the window of opportunity (well if it happens lol). But it's not too late, new ownership, new management, new coaching could turn things around.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad