WarCraft III: Reforged

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
A couple days ago the beta version of the game has become available. Only Orc and Human races are playable right now though.
Beta invites go out in waves to players who have preordered the "Spoils of War" package and eventually to random selections of regular preorders.

Official statement: Warcraft® III: Reforged’s Multiplayer Beta Begins This Week!

I haven't gotten my invite yet but it looks really nice from what I've seen on Youtube and Twitch. Here are Grubby's first beta pvp games:

Last edited:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Been waiting for a release date to be announced. Up until about 8-9 months ago I still played the original.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Played the beta last week. It definately has some issues - I played or rather tried to play about 20 or so games.. and in 15-16 of those people disconnected. I tinkered a bit with settings and after that I did not drop at least but opponents still did. Not sure if they have fixed it over the weekend since I havnt played but it was not too pleasant. As for gameplay it was still as great as it was - some models are hard to spot though.. I kind of lost track of my Mountain King and Militia from time to time depending on what units I had.. and there was some sort of hickup when the game froze for like two tenths of a second every other 5 minute or so.

Cant wait for the next patch and that they add Undead soon so I can play with my main race :p

That’s what I posted. It’s a remaster, which is just W3 with better graphics..

Well probably semantics, but it's not just a simple remaster (which usually is just higher resolution and stuff like that). It has new models and a new user interface and so on.. it's probably something in between a remaster and a remake if you will :P

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Well probably semantics, but it's not just a simple remaster (which usually is just higher resolution and stuff like that). It has new models and a new user interface and so on.. it's probably something in between a remaster and a remake if you will :P

A rebuild? :)

I guess Blizz would prefer we just call it a "reforge".

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Played the beta last week. It definately has some issues - I played or rather tried to play about 20 or so games.. and in 15-16 of those people disconnected. I tinkered a bit with settings and after that I did not drop at least but opponents still did. Not sure if they have fixed it over the weekend since I havnt played but it was not too pleasant.
I think there have been many issues with graphic card drivers. The launcher now has a message that urges players to update their drivers. Grubby said so too in one of his vods that he saw many opponents or 2v2 teammates drop at the start of games - likely to said issue with old drivers.

Lucky you btw, I still haven’t gotten my invite. :( But just like you I wait for undead (and night elves) to be added anyway.

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Ended up getting it today and played a few missions in campaign, figured i'd beat the Orc story again before I head back to Multiplayer. Damn did I miss this game. So much fun.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2