Confirmed with Link: Wallinder signs 3 year ELC

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
Not sure it was actually beneath him, but he was out of shape and definitely out of game shape. Damn that accident because he was voted best forward at that wjc prior. I really hoped he could have rebounded like kozlov, who was also in a nasty accident and still had a fine career, just not as great as projected.
Be that as may, he still should have been a good player. Igor was a good KHL scorer. He thought the AHL was beneath him (not wrong), but because he didn't try he never got a shot.

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
I remember when that accident happened hearing that it was really "bad." I feel like I didn't realize just how close to death he was until later on. But yeah, glad he pulled through, and super impressive he went on to have a long pro hockey career.

Too many guys in recent Wings history who qualify for that "what might have been." Vladdy, Fischer, Grigs. Sucks.
Again every one overlooks the kozlov accident prior to him turning pro, unless I've gone mental. But the Vladdy one the humdiger, we spent years and countless assets to replace him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad