Post-Game Talk: Walking cane

3 Candy Cane Busting Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
All of this is frustratingly true. He and Trocheck have connected on some very nice plays, but they seem few and far between. And it's really because Trocheck has been a wagon the last 5 games.

I don't expect things to be different with him at this point. He's not going to change.
That’s pretty much it. Kreider is Kreider. Personally, and I think many will agree, I would rather Kreider were more agressive digging in front of the net and more physical in general. But he’s also an excellent special teams guy and good defensively. I think we all appreciate him but just want to see a little bit more aggression or something. Don’t think anyone gives him hate though.

Reactions: Larrybiv and bl02

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Carolina doesn't have an extra gear. We saw this in last year's POs. We know the Rangers do and it feels like we're in the middle of that shift right now to a higher level of play. I think they can take it even further in the postseason. I don't think NJ does either but we don't know yet. We do know NJ is small and soft and that's not something you can change.

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
Carolina doesn't have an extra gear. We saw this in last year's POs. We know the Rangers do and it feels like we're in the middle of that shift right now to a higher level of play. I think they can take it even further in the postseason. I don't think NJ does either but we don't know yet. We do know NJ is small and soft and that's not something you can change.
New Jersey's 5v5 play has also been downright awful of late and has been gradually trending down ever since the start of the season.
Vitek Vanacek has been a good story for them but he's not going to be what Shesterkin was for us last year when our 5v5 play wasn't great, atleast I hope not and can't see it happening

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
I don't know, but I just have this crazy gut feeling Drury is gonna manage to bring in two more forwards at deadline. One top 9 and one 4th line.
We all know Gallant loves to revert to his first instincts, so if Panarin stays with Trocheck, and Tarasenko was brought in to be the shooter so he eventually takes Veseys spot on that line...there is still a glaring hole next to Kreids and Mika.
Theres still a glaring hole next to Kreids-Troch if Gallant goes back to the lines against Seattle too.

Can't help but feel hes going to add a top 9 forward who can score but plays with a physical edge.

Motte from OTT and Domi from CHI?

Run:

Panarin-Mika-Tarasenko
Kids
Kreids-Troch-Domi
Vesey-Goody-Motte
Gauthier

or

Kreids-Mika-Tarasenko
Panarin-Trocheck-Domi
Kids
Vesey-Goody-Motte
Gauthier

or

Panarin-Trocheck-Tarasenko
Kreids-Mika-Domi
Kids
Vesey-Goody-Motte
Gauthier

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Chris Kreider has a 5 game point streak including some sweet passing plays. He's on pace for a 34 goal/60 point season and he was injured for a while. This is another guy that gets way too much shit.
3 of those 6 points have been on the powerplay……so basically exactly what I said……….he’s still been shit though

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
3 of those 6 points have been on the powerplay……so basically exactly what I said……….he’s still been shit though
Yeah so what. They still count and result in goals and a lot of players in this league get a good deal of their point production on the PP. You talk about him doing nothing and I just pointed out he has put up some points. I don't think he's been that bad but that's just my opinion.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Yeah so what. They still count and result in goals and a lot of players in this league get a good deal of their point production on the PP. You talk about him doing nothing and I just pointed out he has put up some points. I don't think he's been that bad but that's just my opinion.
He looks disengaged, he’s gliding, he’s made countless bonehead plays in his own zone….I don’t hate him but in my opinion he’s been lackluster

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I don't know, but I just have this crazy gut feeling Drury is gonna manage to bring in two more forwards at deadline. One top 9 and one 4th line.
We all know Gallant loves to revert to his first instincts, so if Panarin stays with Trocheck, and Tarasenko was brought in to be the shooter so he eventually takes Veseys spot on that line...there is still a glaring hole next to Kreids and Mika.
Theres still a glaring hole next to Kreids-Troch if Gallant goes back to the lines against Seattle too.

Can't help but feel hes going to add a top 9 forward who can score but plays with a physical edge.

Motte from OTT and Domi from CHI?

Run:

Panarin-Mika-Tarasenko
Kids
Kreids-Troch-Domi
Vesey-Goody-Motte
Gauthier

or

Kreids-Mika-Tarasenko
Panarin-Trocheck-Domi
Kids
Vesey-Goody-Motte
Gauthier

or

Panarin-Trocheck-Tarasenko
Kreids-Mika-Domi
Kids
Vesey-Goody-Motte
Gauthier
They only have 1.6 mil in available space I think so they may just trade for 1 solid bottom 6 guy which would be fine.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
I am really starting to bang the table for Lafferty. Having a solid year. Can kill penalties, has grit, speed, competes hard, and his faceoff percentage, I believe, is 53.5%. Sign me up. Vesey-Lafferty-Gauthier in the playoffs. I wouldn't be upset moving a cheap Kravtsov for a Lafferty. I see people on Twitter talking Bjugstad, but the problem with him is that he is not signed for next year. Unless they move a Lescyshyn and a pick for Bjug, forget it. Plus, he isn't good on draws. Get Laff.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Schneider took the shot and Panarin quickly knocked in the rebound
Thanks Romba, now I remember and was too lazy to find out. My bad. What I DO remember was saying to GF that Schneider did that on purpose. NOT necessarily trying to score. 1st time in ages it seems 8that we cashed in on such.

Last edited:
Reactions: romba

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Just a word of advice. If you guys post on opposing team boards need to be very cautious. Something even being sincere can be taken the wrong way, it’s like that Key and Peele texting skit , lol

It’s best to just take it to the main forums to get in a debate with opposing team fans.

Last edited:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
This however I have to disagree with. The point streak means nothing to me. Its only masking how ineffective he has been in all other aspects of the game outside of his nifty passes. He has looked lazy and passive, he refuses to take the body really at all with constant fly by’s, he is turning pucks over, losing races down the ice, losing races to the side boards in his own end when the puck is smacked around the boards and they desperately need it knocked out of the zone for a reset, and there is more. Its not enough. He needs to be better. I am sure the injury is playing a factor. So hopefully he starts to feel better and takes his game to another level as the playoffs begin.

And anyone who knows my history on these boards, I am a huge Kreider fan and supporter. My favorite player. But he needs to be better.
Love Kreids, but have to agree. I remember Kreids being super physical until he got castrated by the NHL. Then he almost hurt someone really bad. He certainly has toned down his physicality to near NON EXISTENT, and that isn't kosher. Agree that whatever he is nurturing is holding him back, but he's been passive all year if not loinger. Will we see a more involved and harder to play against Kreider? Surely hope so. We need him to be an intricate part of this team. I want to see that monster Kreider face after scoring much much more.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
I did a few quick totals on the NHL.com numbers. The Rangers are 9th in goals (28) and 2nd in assists (106) and points (134). Only San Jose has more assists or points from defensemen.
Thanks, Kodiak. Much appreciated. I don't understand why you can't toggle it more easily on these sites. It's 2023. They know how hard a puck is shot by placing chips in it.

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Just a word of advice. If you guys posts on opposing team boards need to be very cautious. Something even being sincere can be taken the wrong way, it’s like that Key and Peele texting skit , lol

It’s best to just take it to the main forums to get in a debate with opposing team fans.
Absolutely. And don't think the cringe worthy "I come in peace.." or other bullshit makes it any better or even worse kiss opposing teams' fans' ass. Just go the main boards and be your usual toxic self. It works for me.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
No game until late Wednesday is brutal, but the team probably needs it. Once again, I expect another 5/6 points on this west coast trip.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
No game until late Wednesday is brutal, but the team probably needs it. Once again, I expect another 5/6 points on this west coast trip.
Team is rolling but west Canada trips are our kryptonite

Just a word of advice. If you guys post on opposing team boards need to be very cautious. Something even being sincere can be taken the wrong way, it’s like that Key and Peele texting skit , lol

I love to lurk but I would never post or even like comments on another teams board. It’s a terrible look.

Sebastian Aho is an overrated player that wilts in big games and Mika Zibanejad is an underrated player who doesn’t
I’ve been banging the Aho is overrated drum for a long while. Zib, while he hasn’t been at his best test this season, is the better player AINEC

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I don't get the hate from some. I really don't. I don't agree with everything he does and with some of his lineup moves but at some point people need to step back and look at results. He is 83-40-14 in the last 2 regular seasons and a trip to the ECF. That's a .667 regular season winning % and a deep playoff run for a team that didn't make the playoffs for 4 years prior to him being here. The team is on pace for 108 points after a 110 point season last year. He also took Vegas to the SCF in their first year of existence which never happened before. I mean at some point people need to give it a rest.
Again, some people can look beyond the basic wins and losses , 99% of people on this board hate AV and think he’s a terrible coach and he took us to the SCF, ECF and Presidents trophy in his first 2 seasons and that with less talent than GG has to work with. Being a top 10 team isn’t good enough either this roster, we should be even better. GG is not getting the most out or his group, and that’s on top of his abysmal lineup decisions. And I don’t trust him going into the playoffs, we saw he he completely lost the plot in the ECF last year.

Reactions: The Gloaming

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Again, some people can look beyond the basic wins and losses , 99% of people on this board hate AV and think he’s a terrible coach and he took us to the SCF, ECF and Presidents trophy in his first 2 seasons and that with less talent than GG has to work with. Being a top 10 team isn’t good enough either this roster, we should be even better. GG is not getting the most out or his group, and that’s on top of his abysmal lineup decisions. And I don’t trust him going into the playoffs, we saw he he completely lost the plot in the ECF last year.
You are overestimating this roster, especially last year. It was good but not Stanley cup winner good. Another coach would have never won the cup with that same roster, sorry. Panarin sucked, Copp was hurt, Goodrow was hurt, and they were exhausted. This year there have still been holes in this roster. They have desperately needed a top 6 RW and an upgrade at 3LD and they finally got them at the deadline. They have had issues all year with depth in the bottom 6 and I could see Drury making another move or two to address that. So with a good but imperfect roster for much of the year the team is on pace for 108 points and is on a 20-4-3 roll and are tied for 6th in the league in points. You are kidding yourself if you think the record would be significantly better with a different coach.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad