GDT: Wake up B0echi!$ LEAFS AT SENATORS pre-season Sunday 2PM Sportsnet One

Status
Not open for further replies.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Timmins may have gain 20 since last September, not since June.
Not sure a blog is that legit a source for that.
Looks like they are taking weights from one preseason to the next, and thinking it's just over the summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkKnight

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Still seeing a lot of floating around by Nylander in the d zone
His positioning has generally been decent for a centre.

The worst criticisms of his play last year seemed to be that he was out of position covering the D while the other teams C scored.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
his linemates seem to at least give a sh*t, this isn't a pre-season problem this is a career problem
His linemates, along with basically every other Leaf except for Rielly, were fighting for a spot on the team or to impress a new coach/manager.

And he was still easily the best Leaf on the ice.

Last edited:

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Sorry for all the responses lumped together - got back from an early gig and only started watching it around 11.

Bad start, but got better as the game went on. I'll generally give a pass considering it was the first game, and away. Other than Willy, Lilly, and Mo, we were mainly new or AHL players against close to their real team.

Willy, Domi, and Minten looked pretty good. I hardly noticed Mo, which may be a good thing. A little disappointed in Knies. Robertson was invisible. Other than those, I give us a big 'meh'.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
The whole broadcast from the game to the intermissions was one big dick suckin of Sens.

Get used to it.

The Sens "A" lineup barely got past the Leafs farm team. They're opening the season with Carolina. Good luck with that.

TopProspect91

Registered Abuser
Sep 11, 2004
Toronto
Domi looked impressive in his first game as a Leaf. Heeled a sitter from Nylander but you can tell he's got that playmaking skill that was sorely missing from last years LW's.

Minten also stood out for me. Great awareness and defensive acumen. Wasn't a huge fan of his playmaking ability but hoping that comes with more experience. Good on Keefe for recognizing a good game and moving him up to the top 2 lines.

Lilypad looks ready to take another step this year. I think he'll be in the top 4 when it's all said and done. One thing that continues to bother me with him tho - I've never seen a player fan on a puck more than he does and this dates back to last year. Is it just me who notices this?

Reactions: Anthrax442

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Looks like they are taking weights from one preseason to the next, and thinking it's just over the summer.
I think so. He looks to be about the same size now as he did at the end of the year.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Maybe it’s just me, but I’ve never seen anything in Steeves that says he’s anything more than a decent player for the Marlies.

I just don’t see him as a 4th line player for us unless we have significant injuries that depletes our Marlie call up options.
Lafferty too in my view

Max has got his dads hands clearly. (Before anyone takes this seriously, yes I am joking).
like roberto durante, hands of stone

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Get used to it.

The Sens "A" lineup barely got past the Leafs farm team. They're opening the season with Carolina. Good luck with that.

That wasn't the Sens A lineup, not even close.

No Tarasenko, Norris, Chcyrun, Batherson, Chabot, Kubalik etc.

We didn't have our A lineup either but that was FAR from the Sens A lineup

Reactions: LeafSteel and Arzak

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Timmins is the only Dman we have(even going back to last year) that can stretch the opposing team when we're on offence.

Klingberg might be able to do that as well, but it's a very valuable asset that I think we definitely could have used more of in the playoffs last year.

Florida played basic defence and relied on otherworld goaltedning to win games, had any of our Dmen had Timmin's ability to pick apart that style we may have even won that series. All the games were 1 goal games essentially...

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I know it isn’t related to the leafs but holy crap the canucks just got destroyed 10 to 0
Screenshot_20230925-111842_X.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad