Knies

The Bad:
Lafferty
Clifford

"Played pretty well":
Pettruzelli

The Really Ugly:

Constant praise for Stützle.
Cuthbert even called him "King Stützle". Wtf?!

Last edited:

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Kept switching between this and the Jays. What I did see was Willy and Max showing early chemistry, thought Knies looked good and strong down low as usual. I didn't see much of Timmins but the fact that he can still manufacture points the way he does even in pre-season action is something else.

He got walked bad twice. It will be the klingberg experience

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
The Good:
Minten
Nylander
Steeves
Knies

The Bad:
Lafferty
Clifford

The Ugly:
Pettruzelli

The Really Ugly:

Why was Pettruzelli the ugly?

Did you watch the first 20 minutes.

Could of been 4-0 and he's probably a 4th string goalie if not 5th. He played pretty well.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Timmins is our new Holl, come on down big guy you have been crowned!

Knies needs to be less gun shy with that shot, he passed a few opportunities that could have been dangerous

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Really impressed with Knies' puck retrieval. He's going to be a hound on the puck. Early chemistry between Domi and Nylander evident. Nylander should have had at least two goals.

On the negative side, I thought Timmins struggled out there. Clifford is useless. No one else stood out. Not gonna judge Lily or Rielly, they've made the team and are just getting ready for the season.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
The Good:
Minten
Nylander
Steeves
Knies

The Bad:
Lafferty
Clifford

"Played pretty well":
Pettruzelli

The Really Ugly:

Couldn't watch the game, Did Strudel keep the diving to a minimum?

Reactions: Anthrax442

kb

Aug 28, 2009
He got walked bad twice. It will be the klingberg experience
He hasn't played in a game situation in 8 months. There will be rust.....not prudent to be making blanket judgments about 2 plays in the first preseason game.

Reactions: LeafSteel

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Timmins continues to put up points whenever he gets in the lineup. They have to find a way to dress him every night

His 4 way mobility when he's defending still looks worrying, he was burned to the outside a couple of times

Reactions: weems

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Timmins had an alright game. He did however look slower than usual. Hopefully it’s just because it’s game one of pre-season.

Reactions: kb

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It's the first pre season game, it's not a big deal, that being said there wasn't a single skater on the ice that I thought had a truly good game, I said skater because our goalies were great.

I will give credit where It's due Nylander was probably the best skater, he finished 50% in the faceoff circle, which admittedly was impressive considering at one point in the game they showed a graphic that said he was 31% on the draw so good on him for battling back and getting it to even, I thought he struggled BAD in in the first half of the game but got better as it wore on
and looked dangerous in the 2nd half.

This game did nothing to change my opinion that Nylander is not a center but he did salvage it.

Everybody else sucked, particularly Knies he did NOTHING out there he was on the struggle bus.

I know It's game 1 of pre season but holy shit, 1/6 on the PP is not good enough.

I do wonder what happened to Jarnkrok abd Timmins, they both left the game.

Overall not overly impressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad