Wait list moving...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curt in WPG

Sep 8, 2011
Winnipeg
Again they paid back in the summer and it would be for second year in a row and a
loss of money. So not likely.

There were a bunch of people that dropped off over the summer so there might be some movement. If only 2500 or so dropped off I might get tickets in the next couple years but as it is I'm thinking @ 2025 for my full seasons. Sigh.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
There were a bunch of people that dropped off over the summer so there might be some movement. If only 2500 or so dropped off I might get tickets in the next couple years but as it is I'm thinking @ 2025 for my full seasons. Sigh.

I was 66 on the waitlist intially. After the first year I have moved up to spot 22.

So 44 spots moved up. I did however decline front to back seats so some people behind me got tickets. Spots refer to individuals. A single spot on the waitlist could be anywhere from 1 to 4 tickets.

Considering cancellations due to scalpers and the initial availability of front to back seats I would anticipate a smaller number of people moving up next season.

Teemu VIII

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 16, 2011
Winnipeg
I was 66 on the waitlist intially. After the first year I have moved up to spot 22.

So 44 spots moved up. I did however decline front to back seats so some people behind me got tickets. Spots refer to individuals. A single spot on the waitlist could be anywhere from 1 to 4 tickets.

Considering cancellations due to scalpers and the initial availability of front to back seats I would anticipate a smaller number of people moving up next season.

Keep in mind, the lower you are on the list, the more chance you have to move up.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Keep in mind, the lower you are on the list, the more chance you have to move up.

mmhmm...i believe you will probably see a lot of churn from postition 1000 + as every year with minimal change will discourage more and more people from there.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
mmhmm...i believe you will probably see a lot of churn from postition 1000 + as every year with minimal change will discourage more and more people from there.

True but if your at 2200, and then suddenly you move up to 1000 cause all the people dropped out you might think, wow I'll have tickets in no time. But then next year your only 950 you drop out and the process repeats itself...

1430MaroonsRoad

Sep 14, 2011
Winnipeg, MB

I'm thinking most of the non-renewals came from Wait List members who were past the #1000+ position, like you said. Unfortunately, I sense once you get under the #1000 position mark, the pace really slows down and you're in for the long haul.

An article in the newspaper about the Wait List in August suggested those who didn't renew got more access to game tickets through friends, family, or work, so they felt like they didn't need to renew. I can see more of situations like this arising this year, too.

shaunhil

Nov 9, 2011
Morden
You get a 15% discount at any of the Jets Gear stores

Yes, you get 1st dibs at the left over seats after the lottery people pick each month.

This was my biggest question. I can't seem to remember exactly how ticketmaster dealt with this. I won the lottery draft one month and saw a bunch of upper level behind the nets. I honestly am more than happy with those and am hoping wait list I'll get access. Is it

Day 1 - Lottery
Day 2 - Wait List
Day 3 - whoever (usually few singles)

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Just my feeling, but I think as time goes on the movement on the waiting list is going to peak first then slow down.

In year one everyone was excited about the team coming back, so people jumped into whatever group they could to get tickets, if they weren't buying full packages themselves. So this past summer you saw the start of whatever fallout was going to occur with groups breaking up, people just realizing the financial commitment was just too much, etc.

I would see this adjustment of seats peaking when the 3-4-5 year commitments are finished and it's time to renew. That's when I would expect a lot of movement ( I already have my name on a list to move seats ) and a lot of people from the waiting list to get seats. And after this peak, the long terms are going to settle in and there should be less seats available.

If you are on the waiting list, I would say be patient. Get games here and there when you can, but definitely stay on the list for at least the next 4 years.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Just my feeling, but I think as time goes on the movement on the waiting list is going to peak first then slow down.

In year one everyone was excited about the team coming back, so people jumped into whatever group they could to get tickets, if they weren't buying full packages themselves. So this past summer you saw the start of whatever fallout was going to occur with groups breaking up, people just realizing the financial commitment was just too much, etc.

I would see this adjustment of seats peaking when the 3-4-5 year commitments are finished and it's time to renew. That's when I would expect a lot of movement ( I already have my name on a list to move seats ) and a lot of people from the waiting list to get seats. And after this peak, the long terms are going to settle in and there should be less seats available.

If you are on the waiting list, I would say be patient. Get games here and there when you can, but definitely stay on the list for at least the next 4 years.

this is exactly how i see it. I think they're will be a big shift at the first come-round of re-ups, but then very little and exactly why you said, the weeding out of those who might have gone too deep in.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
This was my biggest question. I can't seem to remember exactly how ticketmaster dealt with this. I won the lottery draft one month and saw a bunch of upper level behind the nets. I honestly am more than happy with those and am hoping wait list I'll get access. Is it

Day 1 - Lottery
Day 2 - Wait List
Day 3 - whoever (usually few singles)

Yeah, the first time I took advantage of it was late October after the lottery winners has picked their seats for the November games. I got my wife an I some seats in 312 (south end of the arena, right by the City Place exit) 2nd to last row. It was great, cheap (120$ for both seats) and we had a great time!

Keep in mind many times by the time "Day 2" comes around there may only be singles as well (especially for the "big games").

A couple of times by brothers and I got seats in different sections, we didn't care, we got up during intermissions and had a beer together then went back to watching the game. Still a great time! You also get the choice to experience multiple different vantage points.

I liked being on the wait list so much I got on the waiting list again, in case I need an extra ticket one time or I really want to go to a game but others in my group have those tickets, I can still pickup a single. I may not get back to the top of the wait list until my 4yr old daughter or nephews are old enough to buy the season tickets but hey, it will be available to them if they want it. :)

1430MaroonsRoad

Sep 14, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Fingers crossed here, and it may come off as greedy but I don't care:

Since it looks like the revamped schedule won't be released until this weekend now, that doesn't leave a whole lot of time to sell the walkup inventory like they did last season. With an adjustment to players' tickets allotment in the new CBA, I'm afraid the walkup inventory will be even less than it was last year at MTS Centre. Here's hoping that they release the scraps right away to the Wait List, then the real scraps go to the general public, at least for the first block of games so they have adequate time to promote the Random Draw again. Remember - before the Random Draw was first utilized last season, Wait List members got first dibs on pre-season games. So I'm hoping it could be a possibility once more.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Fingers crossed here, and it may come off as greedy but I don't care:

Since it looks like the revamped schedule won't be released until this weekend now, that doesn't leave a whole lot of time to sell the walkup inventory like they did last season. With an adjustment to players' tickets allotment in the new CBA, I'm afraid the walkup inventory will be even less than it was last year at MTS Centre. Here's hoping that they release the scraps right away to the Wait List, then the real scraps go to the general public, at least for the first block of games so they have adequate time to promote the Random Draw again. Remember - before the Random Draw was first utilized last season, Wait List members got first dibs on pre-season games. So I'm hoping it could be a possibility once more.

How much has the player allotment changed?

YearsintheWilderness

Jul 15, 2007
I was one of the people who signed up this summer for the wait list and just got my e-mail notification.

Dear CallADocPlease,

Thank you for your commitment to being a member on the Official Winnipeg Jets Wait List for the 2012-13 season. We have completed the process of renewing accounts and offering new Wait List spots that became available after the renewal period. As such we are pleased to announce that there are currently 3667 accounts which represent 8000 seats on the Winnipeg Jets Wait List.

This email is to inform you and confirm that your Official Winnipeg Jets Wait List priority is 2423 for your 2 wait list spot(s). You can also reference your Wait List priority online by logging in to your Winnipeg Jets account and clicking "view/edit settings", then "Manage My Personal Profile".

Please Note: 2423 represents the number of accounts ahead of you on the wait list and NOT the number of seats.

You will receive your official Winnipeg Jets Wait List membership card in the mail by Friday September 21st, 2013. Please ensure your current mailing address is up to date on your Winnipeg Jets account (email [email protected] if you need to make any changes). Present your card at any "Jets Gear: Powered by Reebok" Team Store located at MTS Centre, MTS Iceplex and St. Vital Mall to receive a 15% discount on regular priced merchandise.

Please watch for information regarding your pre-sale opportunity to purchase the Limited Edition Winnipeg Jets "First Season Book" prior to the general public on-sale.

We sincerely appreciate your support and look forward to an exciting season.

Yours Truly,

Linzy Jones
Director, Ticket Sales & Service

I believe I was one of the first people to register this summer, so looks like there are quite a few ahead of me. Looks like I will have time to finish school before I have tickets, which works great for me.

How utterly bizarre! Not only do you have to pay to be on a wait list but they try to create a strange little subculture and sense of honour at having coughed up money for the privilege of waiting to sit in their cramped, under-sized seats sometime in the future.

What is it, 50 bucks for the privilege of being on the wait list? Damn, that's more than I spent going to a handful of Jets games back in the day.

But hey, you have the opportunity to purchase some over-priced book before anyone else! How thrilling!

As far as NHL fan-suckers go, Winnipeg is in a realm all its own!

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
How utterly bizarre! Not only do you have to pay to be on a wait list but they try to create a strange little subculture and sense of honour at having coughed up money for the privilege of waiting to sit in their cramped, under-sized seats sometime in the future.

What is it, 50 bucks for the privilege of being on the wait list? Damn, that's more than I spent going to a handful of Jets games back in the day.

But hey, you have the opportunity to purchase some over-priced book before anyone else! How thrilling!

Wait lists are industry standard. Though it sounds like you enjoy living in 1980, it's 2013 now.

Curt in WPG

Sep 8, 2011
Winnipeg

Did you used to wear an opion on your belt and catch coins thrown from rich men in zepplins as well?

I used to buy Jets tickets for $15. You also could get a new car for $5000. Times change. [mod] :shakehead

Last edited by a moderator:

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011

Once you get your season tickets the money you paid is applied to your account. You only lose the money if you drop off the wait list

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

It's supply and demand, one of the most basic principles of business.

Winnipeg is FAR from the only market who does this, so to say Winnipeg is leading in NHL fan-suckers is not only disingenuous, it's wholly incorrect.

Finally, as stated earlier, the money you pay doesn't disappear, it's applied to future tickets. You get other benefits for reserving your spot in line as well. I think its a very good deal for the team and the fans.

You may want to do a little more research before you come to the Jets forum and attack the intelligence of waiting list members, since many of our forum participants are in fact on the waiting list.

Toomuts

Jun 29, 2011
Winnipeg

I have no issue paying $50 per year to be on a waiting list which gave me the ability to see every game (except home opener) I wanted last season and sit in different locations throughout the arena. P2-P5 And when I am given the opportunity to get the privilege (yes it is) to be a STH I will gladly sit in their okay for me cause I am not over sized seat...

Last edited:

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland

How did paying the 50 bucks to go to a handful of Jets 1.0 games work out for the team in the end?

A few people from this board were on the waiting list last year and were able to get single game tickets to a lot of games fairly easily with a little work. If I currently had the disposable income to go to a few games per year (ie the disposable income needed to be a STH) I would gladly pay the $50/seat just to help getting tickets easier.

It really sucks that True North have put in pricing structures that will allow them to spend to the new salary cap and be competitive in the league.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

Well a few months back I wrote a very evidence-based, logical retort on why it's not only fine morally for them to do this, but dumb economically for them to NOT do this... Especially when there is a willing market for it who do find the utility to be within their values of it...

but instead this time I'm going to go for another route...

:cry: Wah. The current economical landscape doesn't cater to my sentimentality... They are so greedy for wanting me to pay money but I'm not greedy to want it for free. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad