Wait list moving...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
This will make for some awkward Kiss Cam moments...

But congrats! The important thing is you're in the building!

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
i'd wait until you get side by side seats, don't settle for less my friend.

I already have seats but if I was on the wait list I would take them in a second. As soon as you are a STH you can immediatly apply for an upgrade. We did the second we were given our seats last year. The ticket Rep made note on our account that we wanted to be moved within the same P2 price category. Still waiting for the call.:)

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Just an FYI.

I'm #202 on the wait list and I got a call from TN today about some back to front season seats.

:handclap::D:D:D:D:yo:

I would kill for back and front seats for the nights I was with my wife at the games :sarcasm: (Smiles inserted incase my wife has a forensic team looking through my posts one day)......it would give me a legit excuse for ignoring her during play. She feels I am a bit too focused on the game at times.....†AWAY TOO INTO IT†I believe is her quote.

Guilty as charged ;)

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
i'd wait until you get side by side seats, don't settle for less my friend.
... Said the guy who wishes more people pass on this opportunity so he can take advantage it himself... ;)

The important thing is you're in the building!
That's what I thought, LA Kings style... Just get in

I would opt for the front seat if I were you. You can get neck massages from your date during tense moments in the game.
MY wife will like that idea!

I already have seats but if I was on the wait list I would take them in a second. As soon as you are a STH you can immediatly apply for an upgrade. We did the second we were given our seats last year. The ticket Rep made note on our account that we wanted to be moved within the same P2 price category. Still waiting for the call.:)
That's the plan, I mean, I'll sit front to back and wait a year to get some side by side ones, it's fine by me.

That's awesome! Congrats from #877!! What Category are they in?
P5 was the price category (all great seats in those sections IMHO)

Toomuts

Jun 29, 2011
Winnipeg

I haven't heard of any STH getting an upgrade as of yet. I could be wrong but from what I have heard no one will get an upgrade until their contract is up from renewal, so starting at year 3.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I haven't heard of any STH getting an upgrade as of yet. I could be wrong but from what I have heard no one will get an upgrade until their contract is up from renewal, so starting at year 3.

Logically there's no room to upgrade people before year 3 if almost 90% of the tickets are locked in and a good portion of the rest are on hold for league officials/family.

I like that they're getting people in to seats one in front of the other since they might as well do it, but I went to a couple games like that last year and while it's not bad, it's definitely not the same. We didn't take them up on that offer. I've posted here before about how easy it is to get lower-bowl game-day tickets if you're on the wait-list, so I'm content with staying on the list for now and cherry-picking good games/seats. Also, I had no idea they were P5's, that might have swayed me a bit, but I just definitely didn't want to lock in to front-and-back P7 tickets for at least a year.

Mungman

It's you not me.
Mar 27, 2011
Outside the Asylum
Logically there's no room to upgrade people before year 3 if almost 90% of the tickets are locked in and a good portion of the rest are on hold for league officials/family.

I like that they're getting people in to seats one in front of the other since they might as well do it, but I went to a couple games like that last year and while it's not bad, it's definitely not the same. We didn't take them up on that offer. I've posted here before about how easy it is to get lower-bowl game-day tickets if you're on the wait-list, so I'm content with staying on the list for now and cherry-picking good games/seats. Also, I had no idea they were P5's, that might have swayed me a bit, but I just definitely didn't want to lock in to front-and-back P7 tickets for at least a year.

Just remember you can only throw them back once. Do it again and its back of the line for vBurmi, there'd only be 8k seats in front of you then.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Just remember you can only throw them back once. Do it again and its back of the line for vBurmi, there'd only be 8k seats in front of you then.

The offer for seats one in front of the other didn't count as officially being called up. I'm nowhere near the front of the list as it is, they just sent out an email to everyone asking them if they'd be interested.

jetsairforce

Dec 26, 2010
How do they determine who to call for front to back seats? Was there something sent to the people on the waiting list? The reason I ask is because I'm #159 on the list and the OP is #202 and I did not get a call.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
How do they determine who to call for front to back seats? Was there something sent to the people on the waiting list? The reason I ask is because I'm #159 on the list and the OP is #202 and I did not get a call.

Did you respond to their email that you'd be fine with front to back seats? It wasn't automatic, you had to opt-in for that because it's not the typical arrangement.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
Hence the reason I "opted in" for that, simply to increase my chances at getting in sooner. I figured it wouldn't be as desirable for most people.

I figured I can guarantee myself to just as many games as I did last year whilst on the waiting list (I'm in a group of course) but now I can get the season ticket price break... more money for Jets gear... and playoff tickets! ;)

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Hence the reason I "opted in" for that, simply to increase my chances at getting in sooner. I figured it wouldn't be as desirable for most people.

I figured I can guarantee myself to just as many games as I did last year whilst on the waiting list (I'm in a group of course) but now I can get the season ticket price break... more money for Jets gear... and playoff tickets! ;)

I opted in but im still unsure if id take them. I think i would but i think my groupmates migjt be less then thrilled about paying the same peice for a "lesser" experience.

More on principle then anything. The only timebid ever really "care' about going to a game like that would be when taking my gf or a non hockey fan as a "treat"

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
Signed the agreement yesterday!

Also, I had no idea they were P5's, that might have swayed me a bit, but I just definitely didn't want to lock in to front-and-back P7 tickets for at least a year.

The seats are where the seats are really, they could have been anywhere, it depends on where they become available.

The offer for seats one in front of the other didn't count as officially being called up. I'm nowhere near the front of the list as it is, they just sent out an email to everyone asking them if they'd be interested.

The TN ticket Rep told me that if I declined this offer it wouldn't have counted against my "one refusal" due to the front to back offer.

But I just had to take'em... P5s first two rows (back to front) :amazed:

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Signed the agreement yesterday!

The seats are where the seats are really, they could have been anywhere, it depends on where they become available.

The TN ticket Rep told me that if I declined this offer it wouldn't have counted against my "one refusal" due to the front to back offer.

But I just had to take'em... P5s first two rows (back to front) :amazed:

Any idea what section yet? I know in our section (129) there's a single or two in the front row, but I don't know if they're connected to a spot behind them or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad