3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Does he have trouble elevating the puck? I hope he's doing drills picking the puck off the boards, cutting to the middle & shooting. He needs that wired in his brain.
He went down to one knee… he was trying to elevate that puck… players don’t drop to their knee trying to shoot low.

That pass from Zbad was great but just in front of him enough that he couldn’t top shelf it

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I don’t think it’s about trusting defensively. Not much to suggest GG thinks Panarin is solid defensively. Most teams put they’re most dynamic players out 3 on 3, Panarin just gives a way better chance of goal being scored.
I’m not talking about the 3v3 OT. I’m talking about the last ten minutes of a game when we have a lead or are tied. GG breaks that line up and staples Kravtsov to the bench but Bread still gets his regular shift.

Bread should absolutely be playing in OT. But VK should as well in my opinion.

Reactions: haveandare

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
They generated a ton of chances off the cycle and moving the puck low-to-high, which Gallant loves. It's just Panarin joking around in the post-game, and people are overreacting because they always need something to be mad about instead of just f***ing enjoying a good win
And in this instant fans get to choose who to be mad about with recent "favorites" in this category Gallant or Panarin.

Reactions: haveandare

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Does he have trouble elevating the puck? I hope he's doing drills picking the puck off the boards, cutting to the middle & shooting. He needs that wired in his brain.
I think he was all about getting the shot off quick and assumed Fleury would not be over in time. He's scored that exact goal with the puck at that exact where it got just past the goalies skate short side. Goalie was attacking the passer more and couldn't get over in time, where as last night Fleury read it well and got over. Once you need to lift the shot you run the risk of it not being as accurate and going wide or back into the goalie. Personally I'm all for always lifting it in those situations, but easier said than done on a bang bang shot off the pass. Ovie and maybe Stamkos are the only two who can consistently place those exactly where they want it to, high, low, 5 hole, etc. and their goals scored numbers reflect that.

Last edited:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
People will probably fawn over this Tweet and talk about how Artemi is such a likable guy. I don’t disagree about his likability, but when we continue to flame out in the playoffs while expecting him to be our best forward I will also just not be surprised.
Honestly, I just presumed that he was injured during last PO's. Apparently he wasn't. He simply found an easier way to produce.

It's obvious to me that he has lost a step, or the league caught up to him. He had a clear cut breakaway, and then didn't as he was caught up to, and then in typical fashion stopped........ and did his re-invented Artemi thing. Still like the guy, because he is "likable", but not an advocate of his play. We all KNOW he could do better.

Lets put it this way. I ain't buying a Panarin jersey......"unless" he is the MVP on our Cup winning team.

Reactions: McRanger92

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I’m not talking about the 3v3 OT. I’m talking about the last ten minutes of a game when we have a lead or are tied. GG breaks that line up and staples Kravtsov to the bench but Bread still gets his regular shift.

Shouldn't we be playing guys who, you know, can SCORE in OT?

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
We are all day-to-day, really.
We need to do something more with this brilliant post. Hfnyr shirts or sometbing

Ah, my bad. I misunderstood. Tied, I get Panarin being out there. Up one, yea I wouldn’t have him on the ice and I’d be 50/50 on Krav

Reactions: Synergy27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad