Post-Game Talk: Waffles

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Anyone happen to have a video of Zuccs shootout goal? The game recap got every event included except for that one :D

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
been saying it. not sure how it is not a no brainer at this point???
he's got more skill than all of our young forwards combined right now
Okay, so there you go. A no brainer. Make KAM go back to wing, and get Laffy to play defense. I mean, he's showing NOTHING offensively...........okay, I'm half kidding.

Not for nothing though that GREAT individual effort by KAM was exactly what the team needed. It was HUGE! We couldn't put anything in, despite dominating for the most part. That effort really inspired everyone while getting them back in the game.

KAM is my boy......my version of @EdJovanovski 's Kravtsov, (but not to his extent) but Foxy being amazing and everything, game in and game out is really my boy (even have his jersey, but who doesn't?),
okay fine, so I have twins!

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
In his postgame Evason said that the reason the OT too many men ticked him off so much was cause early in the game the Rangers had 6 guys on the ice and the ref came over and said it had no impact on the play so they weren't gonna call it. I'd be rick'd too if I was Evason.
I mean technically this too many men did have an impact on the play because Zuccarello was the guy who came on and was in position to retrieve the puck/prevent that from being a breakaway. His guy was stlll on the ice while Zuccarello was making a play on the puck, so....it had an effect.

that said it was indeed pretty weak.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I'm talking this year.

More than one would be even better. I'm leaning to seeing how much Vatrano would cost... he's having a horrible season with Anaheim

I think he's on a line with Strome and their xGA metrics are about as bad as it gets. League worst

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
hey man, don't worry. we trade our captains.
It's a death sentence. The moment he got the "C" was the moment I knew there would come a day that they would trade him. It's just not time yet. There's added value to trading a "C". Would never know it in that McD trade though. We still have Hayek though (lol).
Btw, how's Howdy Doody Howden doing? Miss him. (Not)

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Trouba is not a guy that needs to play 8 minutes to hide him, or a guy that would make the third pair unplayable.

That's more than a bit of an overreaction.
It's hyperbole.

but he needs to be on the 3rd pair. they did it once already this season... it needs to be done permanently until he can figure things out

we could press criminal charges for not yet taking him off of PP2

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's hyperbole.

but he needs to be on the 3rd pair. they did it once already this season... it needs to be done permanently until he can figure things out

we could press criminal charges for not yet taking him off of PP2
I can understand keeping him in the top 4 because he has a history of being a top 4 defenseman.

I don't understand why he's still on the powerplay. He always sucked on the powerplay.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I mean technically this too many men did have an impact on the play because Zuccarello was the guy who came on and was in position to retrieve the puck/prevent that from being a breakaway. His guy was stlll on the ice while Zuccarello was making a play on the puck, so....it had an effect.

that said it was indeed pretty weak.

It looked weak because the pass to Chytil didn't connect. If it did and Zuccarello is there to defend the breakaway, it's 100% the right call. That was an egregious change.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Trouba is not a guy that needs to play 8 minutes to hide him, or a guy that would make the third pair unplayable.

That's more than a bit of an overreaction.

Overwhelming consensus that he's nearly unplayable now on the second pair.

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
People will probably fawn over this Tweet and talk about how Artemi is such a likable guy. I don’t disagree about his likability, but when we continue to flame out in the playoffs while expecting him to be our best forward I will also just not be surprised.
I didn’t realize losing in the ECF is considered flaming it lmao.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I’m one of the bigger Laffy supporters around here, but him doing exactly jack shit to impact this game, taking a diving penalty and laughing his way to the penalty box is a f***ing fast way to lose what few supporters he has left. Bad look my dude.
That pissed me off royally. Nobody should EVER be laughing on the way to the sin bin UNLESS it had something to do with a fight and directed at the other fighter.
WHY do I get a gut feeling that he doesn't even want to be on this team? Not on the top line kid? No PP time kid? Sulk much? And this is a guy that everyone thought would be great Caaptain material when we drafted him? He's lacking in every department needed to be a successful NHL player, and that's no joke.
Now you can Laf, Laffy.

Reactions: skipmowerman

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
I can understand keeping him in the top 4 because he has a history of being a top 4 defenseman.

I don't understand why he's still on the powerplay. He always sucked on the powerplay.
I still don't understand why we wanted him. His defense was never great. He sucks on the PP. We overpaid because he had one good season of EV offense?

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Said earlier, he got spooked after Fleury robbed and windmilled him on a rip of a low shot that he should've elevated higher.
Does he have trouble elevating the puck? I hope he's doing drills picking the puck off the boards, cutting to the middle & shooting. He needs that wired in his brain.

Reactions: bl02

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Probably an unpopular opinion but think they should have tried Chytil in the 2C spot before they went out and signed Trocheck. It would still leave an open at 3C, but would be a cheaper fill.

Chytil is pacing for over 50 points, with little PP time, and bottom 6 role. Good stuff.
Not unpopular with me. We all knew Strome was out the door. But, even though I wanted Filip as 2C, lets face it......Filip simply didn't show enough and that he could handle it.
He's night and day better than last year, and in retrospect he CAN handle it now, but a day late and a dollar short.
Never a bad thing to have what we have, I agree that maybe we should just make Tro play on the 3rd line and allow Filip to blossom even quicker, supposedly with better linemates. Supposedly.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
The "C" weighs heavy on every player that has worn it since Messier. This team needs to have no captain or have Tanner Glass or roster equivalent at the time be captain.

I'm ready to rip it off of Trouba to give it to Jonny Brodzinski. I'm only half joking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad